without question

PROLOGUE:
WITHOUT QUESTION

without question - elton john

MEKANEI TE AYUKE ALI'IMALU'ITE WAS A WANDERER

MEKANEI TE AYUKE ALI'IMALU'ITE WAS A WANDERER. Her mind raced at the mere thought of discovery. Each day there was a yearning to see more and more, but such cannot be accomplished within the reef.

Growing up on Awa'atlu meant being exposed to all the wonders of the ocean. From the hidden coves to the coral that glowed once the sunset, Mekanei had seen it all.

But that never stopped her from trying to discover something new. Whether it was the change of the reefs currents or new patterns in the sand, she was investigating.

From a young age, Mekanei was always filled with curiosity. A trait she inherited from her mother Ali'imalu, who often communicated with other Na'vi clans. As the only daughter, she heavily wished to follow in her mother's footsteps.

This was something her father supported whole heartedly. Marek would take a young Mekanei on journeys along the reef, setting her sites on anything that fuelled her ambition. He wanted his little girl to achieve anything she put her mind to. By the time she was seven, she had even visited the other Metkayina villages further up the reef. Soon being known as Marek's "little companion" by many. It wasn't until a tragic accident left this little companion on her own.

The Ayuke family hadn't recovered from this loss.

Ali'imalu became the driving force of the family, her strength strong enough to withstand any situation for her children

Ali'imalu became the driving force of the family, her strength strong enough to withstand any situation for her children. Though this had also fuelled her to work harder for the clan, as she began dedicating all her time towards work within the village.

The two eldest sons, Atan'eko and Kiyeri, wanted to live up to their father's name. They trained day and night to be warriors just like Marek was, and were able to grow into fearsome young men. But the loss of their father increased their worries for Mekanei.

The brothers followed her like shadows, practically becoming bodyguards as they restricted her from many things. Now that the pair had duties to worry about, it meant they couldn't keep their sister out of trouble like they used to.

But as her family grew stronger, Mekanei grew weaker. The once passionate girl turned into a bundle of nerves. Her communication lacked and her socialisation skills became next to nothing. The only saving grace in this situation was Ao'nung. He shielded her from ridicule, becoming the light to protect the girl from a dark path.

The girl found it hard to interact with the clan after her father's death. Rumours went around that the young metkayina was partially responsible for the loss; met with either judgement or pity. Mekanei had only just started to participate in clan duties as requested from her mother, but has found it hard to adapt to the brothers and sisters around her.

Despite the circumstances, Mekanei still kept that curious side to her. Being older meant it was easier for her to sneak out and explore the wonders of the reef. It might've been disappointing to Ali'malu who wished her daughter would've grown up already, but Mekanei knew her father wouldn't want her to lose this spark.

So how will a young girl from the Metkayina clan contain her curiosity when a bunch of forest people arrive at the reefs.

NOTE:

NOTE:

hi everyone ! i haven't written for a good while so i might be a little rusty, but i'm excited for the plans i have for this story.

the plot line will follow the story & i'll try to get the dialogue as close as i can, but there will feature additional subplots. these subplots will hopefully add more time in between the original plot.

some character ages have been updated for my story;
- neteyam, mekanei & ao'nung = 17
- lo'ak, tsireya, kiri & roxto = 16

i don't own any aspects of james cameron's work, only my own characters (mekanei & her family) & additional plot lines.

hope u all enjoy what's to come <3