1

It was a normal day at school when Nandani was sitting with her friends on the ground talking. Everyone at this point in life had an idea that Nandani, an 8th grader was in love with Manik Malhotra, the hot 10th grader on whom many girls died.

Nandani was in love with that idiot for almost 2 years now and they know each other for at least 5 years. Nandani even confessed her love but got heartbroken when there was no response from the other side. Even then Nandani didn't leave the hope that one day the same feelings will be reciprocated from the other side.

Thinking about it, Nandani was lost in the thought even though she was sitting with people and to pull her out of it one of her friends told her,

Friend 1: Oo Miss dreamer your Price charming has arrived.

Nandani looked at the way her friend was pointing at her and gave a small friend when she saw Manik coming with his bag. It was the last period of the day and some classes were there for their physical education class. Nandani saw Manik looking around while having an active conversation with his friends. He saw her but ignored her as if he could see through her. Nandani pouted seeing this and got indulged in whatever conversation her friends were having. Although she was talking, her mind was on Manik who walked past her group and kept his bag on the ground with his friends doing the same and ran off to play football with the boys from Nandani's class.

The boys looked around for Nandani and hooted which she and Manik both ignored and continued doing what they were doing. Nandani looked at him play with everyone, the way he was running around, the way he passed the ball to someone else, the way he shouted when someone did a mistake. The girl was almost drooling looking at him.

While staring at Manik and talking God knows what came into her she quietly got up earning some protests from her friends who she shushed and went towards a lot of bags where Manik's was kept. She looked around making sure no one is seeing her except her friends and opened Manik's bag and took out one of his registers and book. She closed the bag and kept everything as it was and took the two books and came back to her friends and kept them in her bag.

Her friends looked at her in disbelief to which she said,

Nandani: What it is the first time I am doing this!

Friend 2: And what are you going to do about it?

Nandani: I have no idea.

She said looking back at her bag and making her friends laugh. She grinned at them and then looked back at Manik who was still playing.

Once the period was over and it was time to go home, Nandani and Manik who go by the same bus sat diagonal to each other. Nandani somehow wanted to see his register, his writing, his last pages where all the secrets open, (at least for girls) but she knew if she opened them now and Manik saw them she was screwed. She somehow stopped the ich in her hands to open her bag and check them and sat there quietly stealing some glances at him who was still breathing hard because of the game.

The bus finally moved and they reached home. As soon as Nandani entered her room she jumped on the bed and went straight to open the books. She looked through them and realized that she got a bio register and his math book. She was looking through it when something caught her eye in his math book. It was as if her name was scribbled and then erased. She thought that she was reading too much between the lines and left it and opened the last pages of the register where her name was scribbled many times with his surname falling.

Nandani Malhotra

She got shy and thought about something for a moment before finally having the courage to do it. She took her phone clicked a few snaps of the pages and send them to Manik with a message: umm, can you explain this?