Chapter One

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

The engines roared as the Nubian Royal Starship flew across the stars. They were rapidly approaching a large, desert planet, one that laid far beyond the outskirts of the Trade Federation.

"That's it. Tatooine... there's a settlement," The young man with the long braid said, looking out at the planet they were approaching. He was dressed in tan robes, with a brown cloak around his body. The rest of his hair was tied back into a ponytail, resting on the back of his head.

A taller, older man with long brown hair looked at the boy, speaking in a low, coarse voice, "Land near the outskirts. We don't want to attract attention."

The ship slowly entered the planet's atmosphere, proceeding to make its landing in the desert. As the ship steadily landed on the sand and the engines' roars died out, the young man suddenly felt something, as if an invisible force was tugging from inside of him. Just as he was about to question it, the door suddenly opened and the older man, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, walked into the room. He quickly dismissed his thoughts and looked up at Qui-Gon, "The hyperdrive generator's gone, Master," the young padawan, or Obi-Wan, spoke, "We'll need a new one."

Qui-Gon let out a soft sigh, "That'll complicate things," he looked in the other direction before looking back at his padawan, "Be wary. I sense a disturbance in the Force." Obi-Wan perked up a little, realizing that it wasn't just him who felt the shift, "I feel it also, Master." Qui-Gon nodded in response, "Don't let them send any transmissions." And with that, the Jedi Master left, leaving the young man to deal with the ship.

Obi-Wan nodded softly and took a few steps back, trying to figure out what exactly to do next. While his head said to continue checking the ship, his heart was saying something different. He felt the Force calling him to something, but what? He tried to ignore it and keep working, but the call was too much to bear. After a moment of hesitation, Obi-Wan sighed in defeat and walked around the ship, trying to find a decent spot to meditate in. He hoped that by clearing his mind he would find peace and would be able to continue his work.

Obi-Wan soon found himself a small closet, sitting cross-legged on the ground with his hands resting on his thighs. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, focusing on his breathing as he felt the Force around him. He slowly began to levitate off the floor as he ventured deeper into the Force. He began to see glimpses of his Master, the handmaiden, the Gungan, and the droid as they walked around Mos Espa, trying to search for a shop that had their needed parts.

"The few spaceports like this one are havens for those that don't wish to be found."

"Like us."

The young Jedi aimed to continue watching, but suddenly he felt a very strong call in the Force. The images suddenly changed from those of his Master to those of an unknown figure. Darkness began to surround him, and he levitated higher off the ground.

Obi-Wan walked over to the mysterious silhouette, readying his lightsaber just in case. He slowly approached, saying only one thing, "Who are you?"

The person quickly turned around and snarled at him, revealing themselves to be a beautiful woman with golden eyes. She quickly drew her red lightsaber and struck at Obi-Wan, with him just barely countering the attack. He strained softly as he pushed against the lightsaber, "You're.. You're a sith!" He growled softly and looked into her eyes, and suddenly everything stopped.

The woman disappeared, leaving Obi-Wan alone. He looked around and saw images of someone who appeared to be an older version of him, along with a girl who looked oh so similar to the Sith he just fought.