Chapter # 27

Satoru Gojo is blunt, he tells what he feels in particular situations or about people to their faces. That ability he gained from being the strongest sorcerer. But being the strongest does not give him the ability to read people's hearts.

In the last twenty or so hours, he has been on more than six dates; attempting to find himself a suitable match with one of the women. Some of them want nothing to do with marriage even if it's fake. Out of six women, he agreed to further his relationship with one woman in particular; her name was Aoi Akashi, a graduate of the Kyoto School of Sorcery. He came to know about her through Utahime. Aoi was a second-grade sorcerer, typically accompanying the high-grade sorcerers as assistants. The woman was pretty and well-spoken. But was having some financial issues and said that She'll do anything for some easy cash.

In simple words, Aoi Akashi was the perfect choice for his wife on legal papers.

"Why do you look so happy?" a very concerned yet annoyed Megumi asked.

"Megumi-Chan, I've found you a mother!"

"Eww, mother? Who says I need a mother and I'm not your son,"

"Megumi-Chan, don't act so childish, having a mother for a few months will do you some good."

"Who said I need a mother? And you are not my father."

"I know you don't mean those words," Satoru uttered with a smile, "is this how you pay your old man for taking care of you for years,"

Megumi rolled his eyes, thinking about who might be the woman he decided to marry. His mind led him to the only suitable companion for his over-energetic custodian; the woman he was obsessed with named (Name) (Last Name).

"Do you want to know who I'm marrying?" Satoru gave a half smile as if reading Megumi's mind.

"Not that I'm interested at all..."

"Aoi Akashi,"

"Wait, who?" Megumi frowned, his brows knitting in confusion, "who is she?"

"Now you are interested?" Megumi schooled his expression to an uninterested one.

"I'm not, I thought it'll be that woman you talk about a lot."

Satoru's smile dropped, and he frowned, "it's not (Name) and what gave you the idea it'll be her?"

"For starters, you talk about her a lot."

"I do not," it was a clear repudiation.

"Very well," Megumi might be a fifteen-year-old, but he is well aware of not sticking his nose where it does not belong. He gave up. It was none of his concerns that Gojo is in denial.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm not telling you, old man,"

"Don't do drugs and if a strange man offers you a piece of candy, kick him in that nuts and ran away!" Gojo shouted after him.

Megumi mumbled, "what an embarrassment, I'm going to my friend's!"

"Huh, you can't fool me with that attitude, young man, I know you don't have friends!"

"Leave me alone!" the bickering pair did not notice the woman standing by the doorway. She is enjoying the banter between Satoru and his surrogate son. Megumi halted in front of her, eyes widening in shock.

"(Name), what are you doing here?" Satoru asked from behind Megumi, his voice holding the element of surprise.

"I am here to visit Saomi," before coming to Satoru's house, (Name) bought some fresh fruits and sweets. The big bags were hanging from her hands.