Chapter 2: The Trip Down Below.

5 years had passed and Angel had just turned 15 years old about a week prior. Sandy was currently perched on the table where Angel was writing up a note for her father, Lance Fireheart, who knew of the agreement between his wife and daughter. Angel left the note on the table as she got up from her table, grabbing the additional letter that her mother had left her that contained instructions for Angel once she got to Slugterra.

A knock could be heard at the door, causing Angel to lift her head and turn towards her bedroom door. Her father standing in the doorway, a proud smile spread across his lips as he watched his daughter proudly.

"Look at my precious Angel." Lance spoke, chuckling softly as he ruffled his daughters hair. "You all ready for your trip down below?"

"Of course I am, Dad." Angel spoke reassuringly and full of confidence. "I have mum's instructions as well as Sandy for help."

While chuckling softly to himself, Lance looked at Sandy, who was perched on Angel's shoulder.

"You two look good together." He said with pride in his voice. "You look just like your mother, Angel. I know you will make her proud, just like me."

"Awww, thank you, Dad. Angel smiled softly, a few tears forming as she hugged her dad tightly.

You could tell how proud of Angel Lance was, hugging his oldest daughter close to him. Sandy joined in on the hug, gently nuzzling in close to Lance's neck, chirping happily.

"You girls stay safe down there and I want you to protect Angel, just like you did for my wife, Sandy." Lance directed his attention to the sand brown slug on his shoulder. Sandy chirped softly in response, jumping over to Angel's shoulder. Both Angel and Sandy showing that they were ready for the one way trip down, until they figured out a way back.

Grabbing her keys, Angel looked back at her father one last time, smiling proudly before leaving. Closing the door behind her, Angel followed Sandy's directions to the manhole cover that her and Burpy burst through 5 years ago. Lifting up the cover, Angel dropped into the sewer below, grumbling softly.

"Ew. Why is the Drop in here again?" Angel questioned, Sandy just chirping in laughter. Reaching into her bag, Angel takes out the second note her mum had left for her. Opening it up, she starts reading.

"Once you get to the drop, you may notice a second chair. That is not for you to return, but for your Betrothed, Eli Shane, to make his trip down."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that tiny detail..." Angel gently scratches her cheek before getting into one of the designated chairs.

"We ready, Sandy?" Angel questioned, looking down at Sandy, who was chirping and jumping happily. Taking a deep breath, Angel flipped the plastic casing off the red button before pressing it. Angel gently gripped at the arm rests as the chair went rocketing down The Drop. Of course, Angel saw this as some kind of roller coaster, screaming and hollering in excitement.

The chair soon came rocketing out the bottom of The Drop, a parachute activating while Angel admires the world known as Slugterra. It's as beautiful as her mother had described to her! While looking around, Angel noticed small groups of different kinds of slugs running around the land below.

"Hey, look! Aren't they Arachnet slugs?" Angel asked with wide, curious eyes. Sandy nodded as she waved at the Arachnet Slugs, who waved back.

Once the chair touched down on the ground, Angel unbuckled herself and got off the chair. Taking another look at her surroundings, she sighed softly and smiled.

"I'm finally here. Now then, where am I going next?" Taking out the letter, Angel starts reading through, unaware that one of the Arachnet slugs began climbing her leg.