Chapter 1: The beginning

Slugterra. A beautiful, vibrant and colourful world below out feet. Every corner you turn, there is always a new adventure waiting for you or perhaps a cute new face for you to meet.

As the name suggests, Slugterra is home to millions of breeds of different types of slugs, much different to the type of slugs that you and I know of. These little guys come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are tiny and powerful like the Frost Crawlers, or big and tough like the Armashelt Slugs. There are also rare slugs like the Infernus Slugs and Sand Wraith Dragon Slugs, as well as the extremely rare Elemental Slugs. If you play your cards correct, these slugs will be your most loyal companions, friends and possible family.

For the last few years, Slugterra has been home to Waverly Fireheart who had teamed up with this world's protector, William Shane but everyone called him Will Shane for short. The two have been fighting against the dark forces of Doctor Thaddeus Blakk, someone that will used to be good friends with.

While out for their usual patrol in one of the many caverns, Waverly noticed a group of Arachnet Slugs racing away, running and hiding underneath Will and Waverly's Mecha Beasts.

"I wonder what they're scared of?" Waverly puzzled as she watches the Slugs hide.

"I think we've got our answer." Will responds, pointing ahead of them. And as Waverly lifts her head up, she sees what scared the Slugs away. Doctor Blakk, standing right in front of them, cackling.

"It would seem the Slugs know power when they see it."

"That's not power, Blakk." Waverly spoke through gritted teeth. "You are corrupted." Jumping off their mecha beasts, Will and Waverly loaded their blasters with a Frost Crawler each, walking over to Blakk.

"You may as well back down now, Blakk. You are clearly out numbered." Will spoke with confidence in his voice.

"Am I now?" Blakk responds, chuckling while lifting his blaster, loading a slug container before pointing it directly in Will and Waverly's direction.

Both Will and Waverly knew that Blakk wasn't messing around, so they lifted their own blasters and shot the two Frost Crawlers who morphed into impressive beasts, rocketing off at 100 mph.

Blakk was quick to retaliate, firing his own slug, an Aquabeak, towards Will and Waverly. The two Frost Crawlers made quick work of the Aquabeak, one of which using Freezeard to freeze the Aquabeak while the other used Winterhorn to attack Blakk. Though fortunately for Dr Blakk, he managed to jump out of the way of the two Slugs coming in his direction. Getting up off the ground, he loaded his blaster with a new slug, firing it towards the two slingers. Will and Waverly both jumped out of the way before beginning to chase down Blakk.

The trio soon found themselves in a duel, both Will and Waverly holding the higher ground. It seemed like Blakk was about to loose the duel.

"Give up, Blakk." Will spoke while loading Burpy into his blaster, Waverly loading Sandy into her blaster aswell, both slingers aiming them at Blakk.

"I'm not going down without a fight!" He yelled, loading his blaster.

"Come on, Blakk. It's obvious you've lost. Why bother trying?" Waverly questioned, Sandy giving off a small growl in her blaster canister. This caught Waverly's attention, making her worried as she also noticed Burpy growling. Clearly something was wrong with them. Looking up, Waverly noticed Blakk laughing maniacally to himself. "What's so funny, Blakk?!"

"Because, my dear Waverly, you two are about to take a one way trip..." Raising his blaster, both Will and Waverly noticed a breed of slug that they didn't recognise. Almost like it was changed. "To the grim reaper!"

"What did you do to that slug, Blakk?" Waverly glared Blakk down, wondering what happened.

"I improved it. Perfected even."

While chuckling deviously, Blakk shot the slug at the ground. Once the slug reached 100mph, it morphed, creating a tornado on the ground. A tornado powerful enough to knock both Will and Waverly off their feet.

"What have you done, Blakk?!" Yelled Waverly. The sound of the tornado ringing through her ears, enough that she had to cover her ears. This unfortunately made her loose her footing, being sucked towards the tornado. If it wasn't for Will grabbing her, she would have been swallowed. Will held her close, telling her to grab onto the tree he's holding.

"You could destroy all of Slugterra, Blakk!" Will yelled, but Blakk wasn't listening, having already started to run away. "Blakk! Blakk!!"

"We have no choice, Will!" Waverly yelled, a couple tears leaving her eyes before lifting her blaster. "Find Angel. Give her the letter and tell her... I'm sorry..." With tears in her eyes, Waverly shot Sandy out of her blaster, Will following suit and shooting Burpy out of his blaster.

The two Slugs watched as their most trusted slingers were sucked into the tornado. Sandy looked at Burpy who was hot on her tail, leading him out the Drop and up to the surface. As the two Slugs burst up and out of the manhole to Slugterra, Sandy let out a soft chirp to Burpy, telling him that she needed to leave him, before gently nudging her head under his. The two Slugs had grown very close that it hurt her to have to leave. Burpy understood, gently nudging back before flying down to the Shane household, Sandy flying off to the Fireheart household.

Hearing Sandy landing on her open window sill made a 10-year-old Angel wake up.

"Sandy? What are you doing here?" Angel asked with a tired and groggy voice.

Sandy jumped onto Angel's shoulder, gently nuzzling her while chirping quite upset.

"It's my mum... Isn't it?" Angel asked with uncertainty in her voice. Sandy nodded before jumping over to the cupboard, signalling for Angel to open it. Angel tilts her head to the side curiously, but got up and followed, opening the cupboard door. Once the door was open, Sandy jumped into the clothes and pushed out a small box towards Angel, who had knelt down on the floor by this time.

Reaching over, Angel opened the box and took out an envelope, opening it up and taking out the note within, beginning to read.

"Dear Angel.

If you are reading this, then I am afraid I have fallen while protecting Slugterra with Will.

As promised though, I would still love for you to experience Slugterra for yourself, however, you need to keep up your end of our promise. Only when you turn 15, Sandy will guide you down below.

I love you, my precious girl. I'm just sorry I had to leave you so soon."

Angel finished reading the letter, wiping her eyes as Sandy gently nuzzles into her new companion and future slinger.

"I love you too, Mum. And I promise, not until I'm 15 years old."