Fallen Promises (Demon/Angel Au) Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Hunter noticed the smile on the demon's face fade until it came back in full force. "I'm afraid you can't add my name to your list." Hunter laughs. "You think you have a choice. You vile pest, do you truly believe you deserve a chance? You are nothing but corruption. A black smudge I'll gladly remove from this rock."

The angel continues to threaten. At one point, it should've sent shivers down his spine. However, he was used to this. Angels acting all high and mighty. It didn't surprise him any longer. He gave the angel a tired look.

The demon scoffs, pressing a hand to his chest. "I'm hurt, Goldie." The jokes made everything better. It made him forget the fear. Hunter glares, "My name is Hunter, not Goldie to you, you, you, monster!" It surprised the demon that the angel would reveal their name. However, that shock washes away. He finally takes in the angel's words. The demon returns the glare.

"For an angel, who serves to be the purest light created by God. You've killed most than a demon would kill in a month. I may be the demon but watch who you're calling a monster."

A part of him wanted to argue with this angel, but he couldn't bring more attention to himself. He didn't need the whole angel brigade to come and try to smite him. Yet, he was curious. This angel has killed over 20 demons in the last few days. That alone is a record and concerning.

This was a mission from Belos. Which means it has something to do with demons. He refused to become another lifeless corpse. He leaves the beam. He would rather go down in a fight than let himself be killed.

Hunter had a second to react when the demon disappears from where they stood. In a split-second, his eyes turn around as his body moves by reflex. With a clash from behind, his blade hit the other's blade. The demon glares from where he stood.

"What?" Hunter's steps faltered at the sight of the blade. The angel blade in the other's hand. No demon should be in possession of such a blade.

All came to one conclusion.

This demon had killed an angel.

Hunter pulled his blade away and went first to attack. The demon moves back to dodge each attack. Hunter's moves were strategic and timed, while the demon's moves came at instinct. The will to not die. At one point, the demon debated taking the chance and killing the angel. However, it would prove to be futile.

Killing an angel would mean Heaven would be on his tail. That was the last thing he needed.

Flapping back into the air, he put distance between them. Hunter growls, "Get down here, you coward. Stop pulling the same moves twice." Hunter's words left him vulnerable. The demon tilted his head when they noticed something. That's when the demon finally got a good look at the angel. He laughs. It makes Hunter's anger flow when the demon finally stops laughing.

"You're a fallen," the demon finally says. Hunter's grip tightens on the blade. "I have no idea what you're blabbering about, demon." Seeing the angel become flustered in embarrassment made the demon snicker. He points at the angel's wings with the blade.

"Your wings," the demon points out. "They're clipped. That only happens to fallen angels. Aw, no wonder you're slaughtering demons. You want to prove your bitchy liege that you're special." He mocks. He laughs. Hunter growls, "You know nothing about me!"

The demon's laugh fades away. "You see here, we both know nothing about each other, Hunter." He finally uses the angel's name. He was wasting time with this angel. "Do me a favor and leave me alone. I haven't killed any human." He growls. "I've done nothing to warren a bounty on my head."

Sure, he was responsible for a few deals, but those were in the past. He didn't make pacts with anyone unless he was forced. None has been recent.

Hunter laughs, "You think I'll leave you alone? I'll go back to Heaven and tell them about you. You'll pay." The demon should've been afraid, but he felt nothing. "I think you won't. You see here, your little statement has its loose holes. You're a fallen angel. You have no connection with Heaven. You would need to find an angel on this Earth, or pray that Belos is hearing your prayers." The demon snickers when Hunter realizes that the demon isn't lying.

A demon had knowledge of how fallen angels worked.

"You're wrong," Hunter growls. "I refuse to believe you. Demons are made to deceit and lie. You are nothing but a liar." Hunter refused to listen to this demon's words. The demon crosses his arms, putting the blade away. Golden eyes glared at him.

For a second, Hunter could see the boy's silence take when those eyes trail off before looking back at him. It looked like the boy was thinking to himself. Hunter grins, he's caught this boy speechless. The demon's smile falls, just a serious look on his face. It wasn't the childish grin.

"You do not have to believe me, angel. Leave me alone, and we won't have any problems. Go flock back to Heaven and beg. You won't stand a day blending in." The demon turns away, and that's when Hunter knew the demon's next moves.

"Wait!"

The demon disappears with a snap of his fingers. Hunter could nothing when the demon was now gone. His grin falls. He let the demon escape. The room stinks with sulfur. He'll find that demon. He won't fail Belos.

Watching from above the warehouse, the demon glares while the angel leaves in a blink of an eye. He has doubts the angel will be after him. Telling by the angel's intelligence, he was following the sulfur. He took off in flight. He couldn't die without seeing his sister again.

Somewhere else. In the town of Gravesfield, a secret dwells in the small town.

There a human was smiling at the angel in front of her. An equally golden-eyed girl smiles at the human. A forbidden relationship, but the two didn't care. All they cared about was each other.

"Sweet potato!"
"Luz!"