"And don't say this shit for me, 'cause you had a nigga blocked for two days." Migi continued, standing against the counter.

"And I'm not going to say it was, or it wasn't," I clarified to him, grabbing my glass flute and pouring myself a cup of champagne. I didn't have a second glass in reach, but luckily I had grabbed an extra one just in case I messed up.

Walking into my closet I retrieved the flute off the island before going back to my untimely guest. Migi had removed his sweats and socks by now. Picking up the bottle, I poured him a drink before handing it over.

"Maybe I just needed a night to relax, Migi. Ever thought about that? Maybe my week had been overwhelming and ya' girl wanted to soak and calm down." I suggested to him. He took the glass, opening his mouth to reply, but I removed the robe and that caught his words. His tongue swiping across his bottom lip.

Taking the tin bucket of ice and the remainder of my Moët, I walked over to the tub and sat the items down before making myself comfortable in the water. The coconut milk immediately captivity me with the silkiness of the product, the Pink Himalayan
Scrub hit me soon as I was settled and the sweet scent of vanilla was the cherry on top.

Migi watched, pulling the flute to his lips and taking a few sips. I knew champagne was his favorite from the number of times he had ordered it during our dates, rather it was lunch or dinner.

He stripped from his boxers, his eyes locked on mine. Sitting the glass down nearing his pre-rolled blunts before he eased himself into the water, across from me.

His attention didn't shift from me and therefore I returned the gaze. Taking in his appearance. His hair, eyes, nose, mouth, neck, the broadness of his shoulders, and arms. When I did find his eyes again, they were still burning holes in me. That schoolgirl-ish feeling filled me. Nervous and excited, a smile creeping up on my lips. I'm thankful in moments like this for my chocolate skin because I know my cheeks would be red hot right now.

"Two days?" He asked and I sighed, leaning back into the water.

"Yeah," I said with a shrug, not knowing what kind of explanation he was expecting.

Yes, I understood he didn't know of the Salice girl's intentions and after further thought, maybe she didn't know I was the owner of Lux Inches. It would be hard to believe since the bookings for the classes are done via Instagram. I'm not only tagged in the shop's post, but also plastered on the social media and website for — still, anything is possible.

However, it was her sister that booked, and after doing some digging, I found out she had been a follower of mine and the shop's for almost two years— even booking her class a little under three months ago when I first announced the Houston and Dallas classes.

My doctor brain couldn't ignore those facts. So, yes, their lead-up to this was innocent, but still...I needed time.

I accepted his roses and gave him some time during the class, but at the end of the day, I wanted to think before forcing myself to move on so quickly. I knew better than to sweep important stuff under the rug.

"I needed some time. It was only two days. Dang. You act like I left you hanging for two weeks." He picked up one of his blunts, lighting the end. After a few pulls, he asked me another question.

"You done holding back on me now?"

"Why do you think I'm holding back?"

Migi picked up his glass, exhaling the smoke through his nose. He didn't respond the quickest and I played with the bubbles while eyeing him, waiting.

"Because I can feel it."

He threw the remainder of his champagne back, filling the cup for his second round while handing me mine. I swallowed a gulp of the sweet alcohol before resting the glass.