≪ °❈° ≫ → 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮

୨⎯ I knew the pathway like the back of my hand ⎯୧

A LOUD LAUGH LEFT Heo Ari's mouth as she listened to Dang gu explain the reason behind why he had dragged her out of her home and towards chwiseonru. To be exact, he had barged inside the Heo household, almost making Ari drop the medicine she was about to take before going over to her grandfather and asking for permission to take the girl out. The young lady didn't mind leaving her home, so she let him take her without an explanation. "That means I won the bet! I knew he wouldn't last long."

"You guys made a bet?" Dang gu raised his eyebrows, curiously. He had his arms behind his back with his accustomed grin constantly on his face. It was one of the traits that Heo Ari admired the most because he always found a way to bring the positive side of things even in the darkest time and she was thankful for having someone in her life that with a simple smile could easily ease her nerves.

"Yes." Both side stepped through the small crowds of people attempting to not bump into anyone. "I told Wook he wouldn't last over two months with his new master but he kept insisting that this time it would be different, so we made a bet."

"Hmm." He smiled, nodding in understanding then jumping excitedly. "What's the price?"

Heo Ari smirked. "The loser has to buy the winner anything they want."

"Do you already have something in mind?"

"No, but whatever I choose, it'll be the most expensive one." Her words made Dang gu chuckle as the two finally reached the entrance of the bar. The place was pretty full considering it was the middle of the day. There were many servants passing drinks and food to the customers sitting on the tables as they all talked among themselves. Probably talking about the newest gossip to later spread the rumors somewhere else.

The two were immediately welcomed by the owner of the bar, Juwol. The woman led them through the place as she asked. "Who are you here to meet today?"

"My uncle told me to come and fetch someone." Dang gu said making Juwol turn to them surprised as they stopped walking,

"Fetch someone? Who?"

"A trainee in Gisan humiliated his master and got sent away." He explained. "I bet this is where he's hiding. Now we just have to find him."

Heo Ari nodded at his words in agreement as her eyes trailed to a pair of servants taking a tray full of seafood inside one of the private rooms in the bar. "I'm sure that won't be a difficult task, look." She pointed at the door. "Crab. He must have craved seafood because he was stuck in the mountains for so long."

"He must be in that room, then." Taking a hold of the Heo girl's arm, Dang gu dragged her towards the room, without sparing any other glacé at Juwol.

Sliding the door open, the two entered the room, their eyes trailing down to Jang Wook's figure, sitting criss crossed on the floor while he stared intently at the table full of seafood. The sound of the door closing pulled him out of his thoughts making him look up. First, his gaze fell on Dang gu before trailing over to Heo Ari. She was wearing a lavender hanbok that complemented her pale skin tone and her hair was in a half-up half-down hairstyle with many hairpins adorning her dark brown hair.