Chapter 235

10 The Appearance of the Love Rival

Feng Xia Qi’s coronation was somewhat hasty but he truly sat upon the imperial throne. Yue Bai Lian also sat firmly on the seat of Empress. None expected Feng Xia Qi to pass an edict to confer Lan You Nian as Feng Empire’s junzhu (T/N: a second-rate princess title). Not only did she have a salary but she also received a fiefdom. This has never happened before. Not to mention the actual princesses, some titled princes didn’t even have fiefdoms.

Though many ministers were dissatisfied that a woman easily obtained a title and fiefdom, none dared to submit a complaint. First, both the Emperor and the Empress passed this decree. Second, behind Lan You Nian, she had, not only Lan manor as her backing, but Jing manor as well. Thirdly and the most important, Lan You Nian was now Prince Ming’s future wife. Just based on this status, the ministers didn’t dare do anything, for Prince Ming paid no heed to the laws and totally capable of slaughtering them.

When Lan You Nian received the imperial decree, she was completely stunned, but very quickly, she came to her senses and accepted the imperial decree. She stood as she accepted the imperial decree. The one to deliver the imperial decree of Eunuch Lu, the eunuch who now serves by Feng Xia Qi’s side. Meanwhile, Feng Xuan has already become the Supreme Emperor spending his days joyously in his palace.

Eunuch Lu looked at the expressionless Lan junzhu and felt a sliver of admiration. Only Prince Ming and Lan junzhu dared to stand as they received an imperial decree in Feng Empire. No wonder the two ended up together. If such people didn’t end up together, it would be a pity.

Once Lan You Nian accepted the decree, she was now Feng Empire’s only junzhu. Hua Mu Qing didn’t count since Hua Mu Qing was already married to Lan Mo Xian and given the title of Matron of the second grade. Feng Empire only had Lan You Nian, this junzhu. There wasn’t even a princess. One can imagine Lan You Nian’s status was over the top.

After Lan You Nian accepted the imperial decree, she returned to You Nian Pavilion. She knew Feng Yi Xuan will come to You Nian Pavilion to accompany her after he was dismissed from court. No matter how busy, he would always come over to see her before going over to the military camp. This was a habit that formed over time.

Sure enough, not long after, Feng Yi Xuan came over to You Nian Pavilion. It must be mentioned that Feng Yi Xuan was very busy. Everyday, on the surface, it seemed he was returning to Prince Ming manor but once he entered Prince Ming manor, he didn’t even leave a greeting before using qinggong to race to Lan manor. Every morning at sunrise, he’d use qinggong to return to Prince Ming manor where he’d depart for court.

“You’ve received the imperial decree?” Feng Yi Xuan neatened Lan You Nian’s outfit. He was aware of the matter, that is to say, he was the one who had his imperial brother pass it.

Originally, Feng Yi Xuan didn’t think of this matter, but one day, Feng Yi Xuan heard some gossip. Those people said that Lan You Nian’s identity as the general’s daughter wasn’t worthy of war god, Prince Ming. At that moment Feng Yi Xuan heard this, he directly killed that person with the loose tongue. For Feng Yi Xuan, between him and Nian Nian, there didn’t exist the question of worthiness. They existed for each other. But Feng Yi Xuan knew gossip was a fearful thing. He wasn’t willing to let Nian Nian get hurt, even if it was just gossip. He won’t allow for it, so he had Feng Xia Qi pass the decree to confer Nian Nian as junzhu, as well as a fiefdom. He wanted to prevent those young ladies of ministerial families from provoking Nian Nian.