CHAPTER 5 | TRAINING

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I feel something hit me in the back of my head, "Gah!"

"Y/n~ solo training?" It was Bachira!

"If you're the one who hit me I'm going to kill you." I stated.

"Lol! Sorry 'bout that, mind if I join ya?"

"Sure just don't hit me again or else I WILL kill you."

"Alright, a 1 on 1 ~" he sang.

~Team Z indoor training field~

After I changed into my uniform I started stretching feeling actually a little hyped up. I hope this isn't just an adrenaline rush and it'll come back to bite me in the ass later when I crash.

But anyways something else had been on my mind lately, "Hey, Bachira during the practice test why did you pass the ball to me?"

"Hm? What?" He asked stretching his arms.

"During the 'oni game'... when you passed to me..."

"That? I was just thinking 'I really want to hit Kira-kun."

"But why would you think that?" I asked.

"Hmm... that's because I've got a monster inside me." Huh? A monster? "And I know you're the same n/n." What is he talking about?! Also did he just call me n/n?

I didn't have time to think seeing as he came straight at me with the ball, "It's only when I'm playing soccer. It's always saying... 'steal the goal'  'dance some more' "

He was blocking me from getting the ball then suddenly he gets really close to me his forehead now on mine; I blushed at the closeness, "But...back then, the monster inside me said, 'pass her the ball' 'she has one too.' 'A monster inside her.' "

As he kicked the ball up with the side of his foot he stops. A monster in me? "It's an instinct. When I play soccer, I lend that voice an ear. That's all. Can you hear it? The 'monsters' voice?" He turned to ask me with the ball under his foot.

I don't care about his dramatics, even if this is just practice, I won't lose. I swiped the ball from under him, but I did think of what he said 'A monster'? In me? It sounds crazy but maybe that's his way of describing that indescribable feeling, when your body moves on it's own to make a rash decision. Like in my first match against Kira. Or in those last couple seconds in 'tag' that's the feeling..... that's my monster?

"Messi, Ronaldo, Noel Noa, all of the best have a 'monster' in their hearts. That's the proof that they're all strikers..." he tried getting the ball but I used a left feint, "That's what I believe that's why, y/n I'm glad I came to 'Blue Lock' because I got to meet you."

I stopped just for a second, "Bachira.... I wanna know more about this 'monster', I have idea why you think I have this so called 'monster' when we're surrounded by talented players but I won't downplay myself. Once I start I WON'T LOSE." I started running towards his goal with that same ferocity I had felt many times before, "Nyaha~ that's it! Those are the eyes you had back then"

* Ping pong* *pang pong*

As soon as the bell thing went off I trap the ball, twist my body, and kick the ball aggressively with my left leg and score a point in Bachira's goal!

"Yes!" I yell.

Then I hear that familiar voice over the intercom, "Uuhhh... the tallies for the the 3-day athletic tests are done. Return to your rooms at once. We'll be confirming the new rankings." The intercom went off and I turned to face Bachira again.

He had a goofy grin on his face, "what?" 

"Nothing, just you're an interesting one n/n." He told me.