Epi: 1 Part 5

Depuis le début

"No matter what we need to be strong for our daughter," Fran said back straight face full of determination. They entered the living room where Alma was seated on the couch with two chairs across from her coffee table.

Alma: "So how long-"

Fran:(panics) "OH PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON MY BABY SHE DIDN'T KNOW! SHE DIDN'T KNOW!" She wailed while being on her knees pleading to the matriarch. "We mean no harm I just came here cause of my job! Oh PLEASE DONT CURSE US!"

Alma: (confused and startled) "What are you talking about?"

Fran: (stopped whining) "Aren't you going to curse my family?"

Alma: "No, I wanted to ask how long has Bruno been with you." (To Bruno) "What have you been telling her?" (Bruno shrugs nothing)

Bruno: "Not much. But I never said you could curse people."

"Oh?" Fran stated, she recovered from the floor and sat in the chairs across from Alma "Never mind, continue..."

"Yes, as I was asking how long have you been together?"

"As in dating?" Fran inquired before answering.

"As in how long have you been married?" She asked with a patient yet strained smile.

"Oh," (realized) "OH!" Fran turns to Bruno who is equally as shocked. His mother assumes they're married. And that he's been with Fran and Sofia this whole time.

"Well, uh..." Bruno tries to explain but he's so nervous about telling her the truth that he can't come up with anything either.

"First let's start at the beginning! We meet years ago. I first came to Columbia with a humanitarian group. I got lost and that's when we meet. The next day I reunited with my group and went back home."

"So Sofia is..."

"She's his. I found out I was pregnant a month after returning home."

"I'm sorry for any inconvenience you might have..."

"Oh don't worry about it! I had a good support group. Sure my family was miffed but they still helped out."

"Okay. So Bruñito how did you find them?"

"She found me..."

"Yeah, I was on a business trip in a small town my boss was helping incorporate some tech and then I meet Hernando again in a bar,"

"Hernando?" Alma pointed out. "That was the name I gave her the first time we meet," Bruno said blushing.

"Anyway I saw him and then decided to confront him I learned his real name and I told him he had a daughter..."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I figured he at least deserved to know the pain I had to go through plus I was a bit drunk."

"I see,"

"Anyway long story short he tells me about this vision he had that made him leave his home. Who would've thought that the father of my child was a psychic and that he had a vision of her holding my other kid!"

"So the toddler is..." Alma asked.

"Adopted," Fran stated. Alma nods trying to process everything she's heard so far.

"Let me see if I understand, about two years before Camilo and Mirabel were born. You consummated with an outsider. Then after Mirabel's ceremony when I asked for a vision you discovered you had a daughter out of wedlock!" her tone raised a bit more causing him to cringe. Yeah, he did not miss the lectures. "So you choose to leave home to go find her and then you did. Is that correct?"