My heart's glowing crimson (Within me a raging passion)

Description: "I said I'm happy for you. I mean, about what Max said. You're in love with someone, right? Who is she? Why didn't you say anything? Now I feel kind of stupid for not helping you with that girl earlier." Will says.

Mike's jaw dropped and for some reason it made Will feel nervous. Mike looked at the boy like he was baffled by his words. Is it that surprising that Will would want to know about his best friend's life? He was trying to be a good friend, and not think about his feelings for Mike. It was hard and Mike's acting like he's weird for it, which doesn't help.

"Will, you can't be serious." Was all he said.

OR: Will has a bad habit of zoning out around Mike and ignoring things that should be obvious. What he didn't know was that he ignored perhaps one of the most life-changing pieces of information about Mike. Mike doesn't like girls, and Mike thought that Will already knew that piece of information.

Word Count: 6,376

Date Originally Posted: December 1st, 2022

A/N: I should be writing an assignment for my major right now, but here I am writing silly boys acting silly and being in love with each other. I cannot control it. They speak to me.

I am not gonna lie this work is probably my most absurd and ridiculous in its premise. I am of the belief, however, that Will is equally guilty in being oblivious.

I also wanted to write a college roommates Byler fic, but the main focus was definitely on the absurd situation I put them thru LOL. I honestly dk if it's realistic at all, but I just thought it'd be funny regardless. Also this isn't really an AU, but you could also interpret it as such??? I guess??? Idk I kinda left everything vague on purpose. I didn't specify the dates or the college they went to, even. I honestly didn't care too much about the setting haha

—------------------------------

Will supposed he should've been waiting for this moment to happen eventually- expect it, even. Really, he's lucky it hasn't happened until now. Some random girl flirting with Mike right in front of Will, him standing there stupidly trying to get out of it.

Lucas convinced them all to go to some frat party at their University this weekend. Will and Mike watched idly as the rest of the group played beer pong with some guys Lucas knew from class. Of course, Lucas was intensely popular and well-liked by everyone. He's always had that natural charisma that Will couldn't dream of emulating. Lucas was just in his natural element here in college, and Will liked to just stand there doing nothing and watching it, soaking it in.

Of course, it was hard to stay still in this house. The party was packed and the shitty pop music was blaring on in the background, the beat was felt in the floors along with the people shuffling around or dancing. They arrived pretty late, so most people were drunk as shit now which made the attempt to have personal space even more impossible. Everyone was shoulder to shoulder and he tried not to think about the fact that Mike Wheeler was impossibly close to him right now. Those thoughts wouldn't do him any good. Maybe if he had a couple more drinks, he'd forget.

He made the move to go to the kitchen when Mike looked at him weirdly, "Where are you going?" He asked and moved to follow him.

"Just getting another drink. Want me to get you one?" Will asked.

Mike shook his head, "I'll just go with you."

Will wanted to protest, because the whole point was to leave Mike so that he didn't have to think of him for once in his life. Mike always made it hard, especially because they were roommates. Mike was always in his life and it was somehow the thing he loved most as well as the thing he hated most. Will just sighed and nodded his head and they both made their way over to the small kitchen in the house.