My Person (Who Knew All Along That It Was You?)

Author's note: As stated in the summary, these fics were all posted to my ao3 account under the name blingyu (so the same as this account, just without the s!) I thought it'd be nice to post them on here as well, since not everyone goes on that website. I just wanna share my fics with as many Bylers as I can! :D also a lot of these fics are pretty wacky in their premise so I feel like Wattpad users would get some enjoyment out of it!

For each of these one shots I'll post the original description that I posted on ao3, the word count, as well as the original date I posted it. My writing has definitely improved since I started writing these, so putting the date on it really helps to see my progress :D I'll also include the og authors notes at the ending or beginning mostly as they appeared (only changing to make it fit wattpad more lol) and at the end I put the og fic on ao3 as an external link you can go to :) I am more active on posting there, so going into my account and subscribing there is appreciated <3

Description: Mike Wheeler realizes that Eleven isn't his person. She never was. He was trying so hard to fix a relationship that was doomed because of one simple fact: He didn't love her.

He tries to sort out his emotions when he comes to a conclusion. He did have a person. He always did.

It just took him a long time to finally realize it.

OR: Almost 4K Words of Mike dealing with his feelings about a certain boy.

Word Count: 3,830

Date Originally Posted: July 20th, 2022

------------------------------------

Everyone had their person.

The person in your life that made you feel safe, that made you content- that made you feel like you could overcome anything that the world throws at you. Everyone's person was different. For some people it was their parents, or siblings. Other's it was their friends. For most people, however, it was their lovers.

Mike Wheeler wasn't a romantic person in the slightest, but he still assumed his "person" would be who he ends up marrying. His sister, Nancy already seemed to have found hers. At only 18 it was obvious her and Jonathan Byers were each other's person. No matter the challenges the two overcame, they always stuck it out, they always communicated.

They loved each other.

Perhaps that was the cause of this issue in the first place. The issue he so adamantly tried to deny, from himself even. Eleven was not his person. With El he felt safety, but he didn't feel content. Whenever Mike was with the girl, it felt like something was off. His friends tried to reassure him that it was okay, that they've been through a lot together. They assume the two will always get through it. Dustin and Lucas don't see the hurt that Eleven displays in her eyes. Mike hurts her. He doesn't mean to, and yet he does it constantly. This isn't love, he isn't Eleven's person no matter how hard he tries to be.

He doesn't know why he tries so hard every time to fix something that feels like a car wreck in slow motion. He knows it's doomed to fail, and yet he keeps driving onward. One thing about Mike Wheeler is he's stubborn and doesn't know when to quit, even when every warning sign is telling him to do so.

After a particularly rough fight with Eleven, Mike stormed into his house, roughly slamming the door shut. He didn't know his mother was there, sitting on the couch. Her face said that she was upset at his outburst and he quickly blurted out an apology.

"Michael, what is wrong with you these days?" She just sighed.

"I don't know mom, I just fought with El again." His mother briefly knew about the fights him and El had, but never questioned him much. She always had the mindset that he'd come to her for advice.