"So you're telling me, I didn't raise him correctly?" Joyce questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

"I'm not say that, I'm just saying-"

"No. We both know what he's been through. You're making it seem like that's my fault though, Jim. What, because I gave him his freedom, and that happened to him, it's all my fault?"

"Joyce no-"

"Well that's what it sounds like to me!"

"All I'm saying is maybe we should keep a closer eye on him when we can." Hopper told her.

"Oh, but not Jane though?" She responded in a rhetorical tone. "She can go and live with her girlfriend in her own place where YOU help her on rent, but God forbid MY son have some freedom, and get a little spoiled by his boyfriend." Joyce threw her arms in a fit.

"I know what happened Jim. I think about it everyday, and I couldn't be more grateful that you were there for him, and you found him before it was too late. I feel like you're insinuating that because I don't keep tabs on him at all times, I could be the reason he attempts again." She choked on a sob. "And I'm not gonna sit here and let you say that." Joyce got up and left for her bedroom.

"JOYCE WAIT!"

All Hopper heard in response, was the slam of a door.

Shit.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Obviously, Joyce wasn't going to get it, so Hopper did.

"Hello?"

"Hopper? Hey, huge favor." Will started on the other line in a whisper.

"What's up? Why so quiet?"

"I don't wanna wake him, but do you think you can come get me from Mike's place? Or Nancy's place- whatever." Will asked.

See?! Hopper knew something could happen! Why does Will want to leave in the middle of the night? And why was he whispering?! He was probably in trouble, and Hopper would be there to save him, and prove a point all at once.

"Of course. I'm on my way." He replied.

No less than 10 minutes later, Will was in the car and on their way back.

"What's going on, kid? What did he do to you? Are you hurt?"

"Who? Mike? Why would he do something?" Will scrunched his eyebrows.

"Why'd you have to leave in such a hurry then?" Hopper asked.

"I have a surprise. It involves you too, and Mom. But it's for Mike. I need to get ready before he leaves tomorrow." Will explained.

"Oh... yeah.. no problem." Hopper nodded awkwardly.

PRESENT TIME

"Hop, I don't know. I'm sorry for the way I yelled at you the other night." Joyce started. "It's just, we have different parenting styles, and obviously my kid's circumstances are much different than yours'."

"I know Joyce, I'm just worried about him. Seeing him like that... It just has me a little extra on edge. But he's your son, you're right. So if you say that he's ok, and you trust him and Mike, then I should back off." Hopper nodded.