"Alejandro's up here. Move!" called Rudy. You could hear their movement and callouts as they went in. "Down the hall, right side."

"Expect contact," Ghost warned. "Light 'em up!"

More gunshots. More shouting. More action. These sounds would normally be a symphony to your ears, but you felt a reoccurring pang of worry you couldn't place your finger on.

Was it because of the possibility of losing your only leverage to find Kilgore? Surely that's was it — no. That is it. No doubts, no questions about it.

"There's Alejandro's cell."

"Johnny, when I pop this lock, you move in," Ghost said to Soap. "This is what we came for."

"Alejandro-!"

You heard shouting and brawling. You furrowed your brows in confusion. What was going on? Did they mess something up?

"It's me, hermano!" said Soap.

You heard Rudy say something to Alejandro in Spanish, and then the fighting had stopped. You hummed, realizing what it was almost amusingly. Alejandro attacked them thinking they were the enemy... funny. Would've done the same exact thing.

There was a brief quiet — you assumed the comms weren't picking up their conversation — as you breathed in and out through your nose. The atmosphere was dank and the temperature was warm. Nighttime enveloped the Mexico sky like a blanket over a shivering child. There were no stars in the sky, only mist and gloom.

On a night like this back in Paris, you would have been drinking chamomile tea on your parents back patio while serenely listening to the cicadas chirping and the city bustling.

On a night like this back in Austria, you would have been satisfactorily engrossing yourself into Kilgore's every thought, having lengthy, in-depth conversations on the cool, muddy stone-brick ground of the alleyways scattered across the city. You would have cuddled up to him for additional warmth, and as he would fall asleep, you would indulge in his sweet cologne and listen to his soft breathing. Eventually, you would fall to slumber as well. Occasionally, running away wasn't so bad. He made everything so, so worth it.

"Place is crawling with Shadows. There'll be hell ahead.." Ghost's voice interrupted your pondering.

"Let's fight fire with fire," Alejandro said. It was as if he was filled with adrenaline, excitement, and relief all in one.

You spotted multiple enemy personnel moving into the doors of the cell block.

"Numerous Shadow reinforcements now coming your way!" you informed them. Your blood coursed and pounded through your veins, but your trigger finger did not falter. You peeked one eyes through your thermal scope to assist your vision in the murky darkness and got to work.

"How many?" Ghost yelled.

"About twenty or so!" you responded. "Merde! I can't get them all! They have difficult to penetrate armor. I managed to kill at least six."

Soap whistled. "That'll do."

A bullet whizzed past your head. "Fire on me!" You riskily peeked and saw two of them heading towards the tower in which you squatted in. "Two broke off and are coming for me. I got it covered. Do your worst!"