Chapter 17- "Oh Great, More Babysitting"

Start from the beginning

Rory's anger bubbled up inside her far greater than it has ever done when she felt the fingers of the witch digging into her arm, sure to leave a few bruises. Rory knew that her friends were sitting ducks upon the ship as the animated gargoyles took flight towards them, with intentions to rip them to shreds.

KISS knew that too, so while they were torn on what to do, the Crimson Witch took flight once again, still dragging along Rory. As long as the Destroyer was still in his mountain tomb, she needed the Wielder.

Catman was about to go after them, but yet again, his movement was stopped by a hand grabbing his arm. Though this time, it was Starchild to stop him instead of Spaceman.

On earth, Starchild was portrayed as the leader of the band. It wasn't mere coincidence that he was. When the Guardians were brought together all those years ago, he was instructed to be the leader of the Guardians. He never understood why he was appointed to be the head. The Demon was the strongest one. Catman was the most levelheaded. Spaceman was the smartest. So why him?

Starchild had to prove to himself that he was capable to bring down the witch. It was the only way, in his mind, to reassure himself that he was meant to be the leader, or at least that he was capable of protecting the ones that he cared about.

"I'll go after her myself. You guys protect the kids," he instructed his friends.

Spaceman and the Demon were quick to jump into action. Well, for the most part. The Demon couldn't quite depart without a quip.

"Oh great, more babysitting."

Catman was left facing Starchild. He knew that Catman was reluctant to leave saving Rory in the hands of someone else.

"I will do everything in my power to rescue Rory, Cat. I have to do this, please."

Catman looked into the pleading eyes of his leader. He knew this meant something more to Starchild then he would let on. Letting go a breath, he told him with a small smile, "don't let anything happen to my girl."

With a shared chuckle between the two at Catman's words, they flew off in different directions.

Catman somersaulted his way into the mix of gargoyles. Spaceman was rescuing Velma from the clutches of one, while the Demon was actually praising Scooby and Shaggy for defeating their own gargoyles. That left Daphne and Fred for Catman to rescue.

While the the were occupied, Starchild finally caught up to the Crimson Witch and Rory, who had finally reached the pedestal.

The middle of the pedestal had a ring of gold around a pit in the rock, presumably for the Rock of Kissteria to rest in. Rory knew deep down that if the rock was to reach the hole, it would all be over and they would all be doomed.

Starchild's voice rang over them, causing a smile to strectch across Rory's face at his good timing.

"It's over Crimson Witch. I'll be taking back the Rock of Kissteria."

He turned to face Rory with one of his infamous winks before continuing.

"And a certain someone's future girlfriend."

Rory rolled her eyes at Starchild's antics. She knew he was not-so-secretly waiting for her and Catman to make their infatuation become something more official. He was a hopeless romantic for sure.

Something inside Rory shifted at the exchange. With her thoughts on Catman and her newfound friends, a surge of power seemed to course through her from the Rock in her hands, through her fingertips, and through her entire body.

The witch was distracted by Starchild in that moment, but Starchild saw everything. A glistening white light surrounded Rory's body. Usually in Kissteria, a Kissterian's power was coupled with a hue of color, but this was the first time Starchild had ever seen a white aura. He was in awe at how it surrounded Rory and enhanced her every feature. Especially when her already green eyes seemed to shine as bright as a Kissterian star.

Rory had found her Kissterian powers.

With her blossoming new strength, Rory twisted away from the Crimson Witch, both breaking free from her vice-like grip and the powers that had previously immobilized her.

As Rory ducked out of the way, the Witch let out a furious and surprised yell at Rory's escape. Unfortunately for the witch, this gave Starchild an opening as she was distracted. Knowing that Rory was using the pedestal as a shield, he mentally applauded the brunette as he unleashed several stars full of his magic at the witch.

The stars stuck to the ground, surrounding the witch. Before she could react, the stars exploded, effectively causing a smokescreen over the area that the witch had been standing in.

Once the smoke disappeared, the only thing left was a crater in the red rock where the Crimson Witch had previously made her stand.

Rory cautiously stood back up from where she had been kneeling behind the pedestal. Not seeing the Crimson Witch, she began to walk around the crater towards Starchild, who was already headed around to meet her.

They came to a stop to stand next to each other. They both stared warily where the crater now was, also noting the rubble that sat next to it as the aftermath. There wasn't even a hint of the witch ever being there, causing them both to wonder,

Has the Crimson Witch been defeated for good?

_____________________________

Hi guys! I promised some of you a speedy update, so I tried my best! I hope y'all liked this chapter!

I already have the next chapter in the works, so hopefully it will be out soon!

Thanks for all the reads, but don't forget to give my chapters a like <3