One: Qibli's Dilemma

Start from the beginning

"Why are you here and why are you crying?" He asked in his cool monotone voice, a grumpy look on his face. Qibli jumped up into a sitting position and rubbed his eyes aggressively, trying to stop crying. "Winter! You scared me, you little charming ice pig!" He exclaimed, making the shiny dragon give him a disapproving look. "Tell me why were you crying." Winter growled out slowly as he gestured to Qibli's eyes. "I wasn't crying, Winter. Thats so ridiculous -" He was cut off by the Icewing grabbing his talons. "You rubbing your eyes like that irritates me." He mumbled, looking away from him.

 Qibli smiled sadly as he looked at the two's talons. "Do you think that Moonwatcher still likes me?" He asked underneath his breath, his voice shaking as he spoke. Winter raised a eye ridge. He sighed and looked at the dirt, "What are you talking about, Sandbutt? She loves you and cares about you... a lot. More than she ever did for me..." Winter mumbled the last part, sounding very sad. "Why are you asking me this stuff?" He asked angrily. Qibli flinched and tried to rub away his tears again. But Winter was holding his talons tightly. The Sandwing squirmed and tried to pull away. "Qibli." The Icewing grumbled sternly. "Are you serious right now, Qibli?" He pulled Qibli all the way up to his feet and started to drag him in a different direction. 

"W-winter!?" The yellow dragon gasped, being dragged by him. Winter did not stop. He just kept walking with Qibli in his hand. The shorted dragon struggled a bit before he noticed something; they were headed towards the small town in Sanctuary. So Qibli stopped struggling and walked, very slowly, behind Winter. (because they are both walking on three legs now)

As they entered the town Qibli finally came up with something to say to his friend. "Hey, Ice head, If you wanted to hold my talon that badly you could've asked me." He teased the Icewing with the new nickname he just came up with. The white dragon scoffed and looked away. "Must you always be so aggravating?" He snarled dropping Qibli's talon.  This isn't what I wanted though... I just wanted to tease him a little. It was so awkward and so quiet earlier. Is he embarrassed to grab my talon in public? Am I that bad of a friend? The Sandwing thought disappointed in himself.

"We're almost home. Incase you were wondering." Winter said glancing at Qibli, who was looking very pouty. "You look very... pouty." The Sandwing looked at the Icewing, shooting him a offended look. "Fine. Just do not bring me into it." Winter said with a dismissive eye roll. "I'll tell you at your house. I... don't want to talk here." He answered slightly angered by his former clawmate. 

"Well, you must be a lucky one then. This is my house." The sparkling dragon said calmly, gesturing to a small hut. It was made of wood and a few bricks. Qibli pouted, as Winter walked up to the hut and unlocked the door. "Winter," He groaned, dragging his feet as he went inside. "I don't want to." The Icewing snarled at him again. "You are going to, and do not do that your bringing in dirt with you!" 

Qibli always knew that Winter was a bit of a neat freak, as demonstrated when they shared a room at Jade Mountain Academy. But it was a bit hilarious to see his old roommate have his own house and care so much about it. As immature as Qibli was, Thorn told him that he was not allowed to move out on his own yet. 

 But Winter didn't have a choice. His family threw him out of the ice kingdom. You should consider yourself lucky. He thought guiltily as he stood in Winter's empty house. The house was very organized, Qibli was surprised to see that Winter actually had some style. Speaking of Winter, the Icewing had just finished locking the door and was now heading over to the kitchen. As he left around the corner Qibli had more time to admire the house. 

Winter's house had a couple of bean bags in what Qibli guessed was the living room. There was a fluffy white carped. Did winter have any visitors while we were at Pantala? Why does he have two bean bags? Was he hanging out with someone? Or was he just expecting visitors? Qibli started to feel a bit overprotective of his friend. Well they were best friends after all, even if Winter did not believe it. 

"You," The white dragon called to Qibli, on his way out of the kitchen. "Follow me, and don't make a mess. Or at least not a big one." He said looking down his snout at the Sandwing front of him. "Okay! Okay. I won't do anything. Promise." He said reassuringly. Winter sighed.

The Icewing started to walk through the living room. Qibli followed him and looked around again. "You really have a lot of decoration in this tiny house." He remarked glancing at Winter for a moment. Then the Sandwing slipped on the fluffy carpet and started to fall backwards. He reached out trying to cushion his fall a little. Qibli reached out and banged his talon straight into one of Winter's pots. As it fell on Qibli's head the dirt from the pot, and the plant inside, fell into the poor dragon's eyes. It also got all over the brand new carpet. At least it looked new... before all of this happened.

Winter turned around and facepalmed. "Oh my great walruses! Qibli!" He shouted aggressively at the Sandwing.  Qibli's eyes teared up and he tried to pick up the plant and get up. "Stop! You are going to make it worse!" He said rushing to the carpet. The poor fallen dragon pouted, "You care more about your carpet than your best friend." He accused him. The Icewing snarled and trotted to Qibli's side. "What do you need?" He asked in the most caring voice Qibli had ever heard come out of Winter's mouth. Maybe it was possible that the two could still be best friends. Just like old times at Jade Mountain Academy.