2

don't forget to subscribe, comment or like!
insta: lwss.444

I join Tsireya on the beach, she looks at the horizon with her feet in the water. I come and stand next to her and dip my feet into the clear turquoise water. The sea is calm today. Through the water we can see schools of small fish swimming along with the current. It brings softness in this day full of twists and turns, bad twists and turns.

"You don't like them, do you?" She asks as she watches a few flying fish jump out of the water.

"I don't trust demons." I reply as I look at the straight line of the horizon.

"I gave them a quick tour of the village. They are not demons. They are children like me and like you too." She turns to me and takes my hands.

"I'm not only talking about the children." I look at her. "They don't belong here. Their arms are thin and their tails are weak. If a sea predator chases them, they are dead. Their labour force is useless. We don't need babies nor Sky people.

You sound like Mother. And that wasn't a compliment. Their father was a human but he's a Na'vi now." She clasps my hands in hers. "You have been taught to care for and protect your people, but you must also be forgiving and compassionate to others. You have to find a balance. When I walked by their Marui, I heard their family reunion." She begins with a determined look to encourage me to listen. "Toruk Makto was telling them to behave well, to learn quickly and to put their hearts into their work as well as to avoid problems." Her eyes shine with emotion.

"That's at least the minimum to do.

— The littlest girl was crying." Tsireya said as she looked at the horizon. "She said "I want to go home" and Toruk Makto replied that it was an ordeal to overcome and they all had to be there for each other.

— And what's your point?

— Where you see demons, I see a family that needs help."

I remove my hands from her and frown. "You don't understand. They said they were no longer at war. If they're not, why are they seeking asylum? I don't want to see an army of Sky people come to our land. I don't want the Metkayina to go to war over monsters.

— Toruk Makto himself said that he was no longer at war. Don't worry." She smiles at me and her eyes light up as she looks over my shoulder. "Be nice and don't call anyone a monster, please."

I turn to see the Omatikayas as well as Roxto and Ao'nung coming towards us. The two boys giggle, probably laughing at the forest family. The younger boy holds the hand of the littlest girl with his five fingers.

When they reach us, Tsireya leans towards me.

"You don't have to come with us if you don't want to, but you're going to miss an opportunity to show your underwater superiority to the men of the earth." She whispers to me before addressing the group. "Come on, let's dive off the dock." The girl waves her hand signifying to follow her as she walks across the white sand.

I watch the group in front of pass me. I won't go with them. Tsireya looks like she knows what she's doing. Moreover she is accompanied by Roxto and Ao'nung, not forgetting that they will be under water. It is almost impossible for anything to happen to them. I turn around and head towards the heart of the village. Where I might find my mother.

Sitting with some women, she is making a bracelet. A bracelet made of beads that every child receives on their first communion with Eywa. The baby will be here soon. When she sees me, she pats the spot next to her to show me that she wants to listen to what I have to say. I greet the women around her and sit down next to my mother. This is an important topic so I prefer to speak in a quiet voice. Tsireya won't change my mind. They have to leave.