●Prologue●

"No-!" A tiny hedgehog with beautiful royal blue fur recoils to the smell of unnatural chemicals seeping into his nose. "Mama! Mama!" He runs to an older hedgehog with long mauve hair rolled into a small bun.

"It's okay . ." She bends down, whispering into his ear. "You're safe, Maurice . ." She softly embraces the ends of his ears and rubs them lightly, making the little hedgehog purr softly. The woman smiles and purrs quietly with him, until she quickly stands up, facing the man in front of her. "Do it now." Her tone of voice switched to a hard and serious cord.

"Yes, ma'am." The man, a tall, black cat dressed in a pristine white lab coat, was holding a syringe filled with a mysterious liquid. He stood, towering over the little hedgehog. "Hold out your arm, please." He requested the blue hedgehog.

The hedgehog's eyes widened in shock. He trusted his mother, but she had betrayed him. He looked at the black cat. "No, please." He begged, strapping his arms around the woman's legs.

The older hedgehog picked up the young one and vigorously bent his arms out. "Now." She growled at the cat.

The blue hedgehog's snivel cries could be heard from outside of the barricaded walls of the lab. "But-" The cat pleaded with her.

"Now." She repeated in a dull voice.

"Y-yes, ma'am." The cat sorrowfully went on, as the woman instructed, and stuck the syringe into the little hedgehog's arm. The tiny, blue hedgehog's whimpers quieted down as the fluid was inserted into his arm; his little eyelids falling droopily over his eyes. Seeing the fluid was all inside of the young hedgehog's body now, the man pulled the syringe out and put a cloth over the wounded area.

"See? That wasn't so bad.." Her voice softly rang through the baby hedgehog's ears. She looked up from her son's adorable sleeping face in her cradled arms. "Now, clean this mess!" She angrily swung her hand at the cat, signaling him to get moving. He nodded and bowed to the woman before he nervously began trotting about the room, picking up broken pieces of glass and other fallen objects.

—————

The older hedgehog's mind was nothing close to conciliate and calm, instead, it was aggravated and overly complicated. Her mind was muddled; she didn't want to hurt her baby boy, but it was necessary...at least, that is what she consoled herself with; she told herself it was absolutely necessary to make her son do this. For, you see, her son was born, 'unluckily,' as one of a small population called: "Kaos" (Pronunciation: Chaos-sue (Chaos in Danish- XD créatif, non?).

Kaos are a special type of Moebian— They have a powerful connection to the chaos emeralds of Moebius. A Kaos is not born because of its two parents, it is born by being chosen by a god- the gods are; Sofuris The God of Physic and Dufirma The God of Mentality— these gods made the chaos emeralds, that's why Kaos have a strong connection to them.

Being born a Kaos has its good sides; they are born with either of the gods' powers, can locate the emeralds, and are capable of god-like powers if they merge with all of the Chaos Emeralds.

Being a Kaos also has its bad sides; they are big targets for murder (that's why they only take up a small population) because their blood can heal whoever drinks it, they can obtain god like powers if they merge with all of the chaos emeralds, but it would kill the Kaos if they merged with all of the chaos emeralds, and, lastly, the Kaos population had to go into hiding because bounty hunters make them into Blood Slaves. 'Blood Slave' is a special term for specifically Kaos slaves; it refers to using the Kaos' blood as a tool for the health of the Blood Slave's owner and other things they may want.

Maurice, the sleeping hedgehog in his mother's arms, was born a Kaos. He was born from Sofuris The God of Physics, giving him the ability to run at speeds unattainable by a normal Mobian. Maurice's mother does not approve of Sofuris' choice of making her son a Kaos, so, once a year, she gives him a special drug that subdues the growing powers inside of him.

—————

Once the cat was done cleaning up, he looked to the woman for what to do. "Mrs. Aleena, I have finished." He said, piling all the disposable items he collected into the trash.

"Good," Aleena said, wiping away what little sweat had formed on her forehead. "Now, put your hands up." She growled, swiftly pulling out a barrel gun from behind her back; she pointed straight at the cat's forehead.

The cat froze and looked at her confused. "Wha-"

She didn't let him finish before she pulled the trigger. A momentous shockwave sounded from the gun; blood splattering everywhere opposite of the woman and her child.

Baby Maurice wailed at the blast's pressure on his eardrums. "Wahhh!" He cried into his mother's chest.

She looked down at her baby, a frown wavering between her lips. "I'm sorry, Maurice, but this is all necessary." She repeated this, more for her own condolences. "I'm sorry, Maurice.." She swiftly returned the blaster behind her shirt and went to stroke her child's quills back; each stroke made Maurice more sleepy until he eventually passed out into another intoxicated sleep. "Good boy . ." Aleena softly whispered into his ears. "Good . . boy . ."