sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴏɴᴇ ꕥ 8

Start from the beginning

They were going to save Will.

ꕥꕥꕥ

"Elizabeth? You okay, sweetie?"

Lizzie looked up from her mirror that she had been staring into for a few minutes to answer her mum. "Yeah, I'm just..."

Her mum came over and layed a hand on her eldest daughter's shoulder. "I understand," she walked away. "Come down in a minute okay? We need to get going."

"Okay, mum."

Today was Will's funeral. The Johnson's were, rarely, all awake and functioning at the same time, ready to go. Lizzie was wearing a tight black dress with flowers embroidered on the sides and a cardigan of the same colour. Flora was in a grey top and black skirt. Edith wore another black dress with long sleeves, and Robert was in a smart suit jacket.

Lizzie sighed. She knew that her friend wasn't dead, but she still couldn't get a bad feeling out of her mind.

She headed out her room and down the stairs to find her family, all ready to go.

"Hurry up, Lizzie!" Flora complained.

Even when we're going to a funeral she's sarcastic.

Anyways, after Lizzie got her shoes on, they headed out to the car, and went the short distance across Hawkins to the graveyard.

Lizzie met up with Dustin outside the car, as Mike and Lucas weren't there yet.

"You okay?" He asked her, for once nailing the "we need to be sad" instruction.

"Yeah," Lizzie sighed, knowing she couldn't say anymore; their families were watching.

Soon, the Sinclair's and the Wheeler's showed up, which meant Lizzie got to ask how El was doing and Flora got to go off with Erica.

The service was short and sweet. The Party stood at the front of the gathering and put their heads down. Flora and Erica were beside them, and their parents behind. Nancy and Jonathan (Will's older brother) were there as well.

At some point during the short ceremony, Dustin nudged Lizzie and said. "Imagine telling Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral."

Lizzie rolled her eyes.

Jennifer Hayes was one of the popular girls at Hawkins Middle, in the Party's grade. She was the ring leader of a group of four or five girls, and even though she wasn't outwardly mean to Lizzie, she had made plenty of comments about how she was only friends with boys.

"If you're any example of what being friends with girls is like, I'm fine, thanks," Lizzie had replied to the group's laughs.

But anyway, it would be funny to tell Will about her crying.

"Sssshhh," Karen Wheeler leaned forward and quietened them down.

At the end of the ceremony, everyone got a white or yellow rose to throw into the grave on top of the casket. Lizzie, Dustin, Mike and Lucas congregated at the border of the graveyard, telling their parents that they needed some time.

"Right, what are we going to do?" Dustin asked.

Lucas began. "Well, we need the weirdo-"