After The War Revenge Is To Be Served. But It Doesn't Go As Plan

Once everything ended in the war Harry lost everyone that he cared for. His godfather died in his 5th year. Dumbledore during his 6th. Then in 7th during the final battle, Moony died, and the entire Weasley family (including Hermione) died in the war. And Harry felt like he had nothing left. Everyone was dead around him but he somehow lived. He felt like he was a husk living in a world that no longer needs it. But he would not waste his life being sad, if he is going to be alive he will do the only thing that he can. Get up and get the revenge that he has been desiring for the longest time.

But, how was he going to go about this? Harry can't exactly make Voldermort suffer more for what he did. So Harry is going to have to settle for what he can reasonably reach? And who better to do this to thank Draco Malfoy, whose family had given Voldermort and the Death Eaters refuge, and since both of his parents died, he was his only option.

So when Draco came over to him at work and asked if they wanted to meet up and "leave and talk about the past" Harry practically jumped at the chance to do so.

"Of course Draco. I have been thinking of doing the same. You know we have both gone through so much and lost so much that we should just let out of those things and maybe get to know each other more than what happened." Harry says, forcing a smile on his face and placing a hand on Draco's arm. Which made said man blush and Harry could have laughed. This was going to be too easy. Draco is so desperate for something normal it was just what he needed to do with his plan.

The day went on as usual until the evening when Harry went to meet Draco at some restaurant in Diagon Alley that had been totally rebuilt after the war with new and old taking their places on the street. When Harry got there, he was led to a table where Draco was sitting looking at the menu.

"Hello, hope you didn't wait too long for me?." Harry says, taking the seat that was empty. Draco looks up and smiles at Harry which he had never done in the past. But Harry has already guessed that his expression would do weird things today, so he focused on keeping his expression naturally pleased. So he smiled back.

"You weren't. I just got here early because if I am being honest I am nervous about this. I mean you know our history." Draco says, giving a half-hearted laugh. "I just want to start new after all this and I feel like a formal apology to you and starting out fresh was a good start. So, I am sorry for all the shitty dumb horrible things that I have done. There is no excuse or reason I could or want to give for my past actions because I made your life hell and your friends." Draco says clearly not knowing if he could or should stop there or not, looking at Harry's expression which Harry was making into what he hoped was a soft and sincere smile.

"Thank you, Draco. I think we should start on a different foot than before. I think we could be great friends together." Harry says putting a hand on Draco's arm which makes said boy blush. Why was Harry flirting with Draco? Harry could not tell you. But the more he thinks about it, it would be glaringly obvious that Harry did something so he should play the long game just to be too safe. I mean if Harry just killed him brutally everyone will know who did it and why. The ministry has put people in Azkaban for less.

"You know I am thinking you want to be more than friends." Draco barely teases but it sounds more like an accusation? No, more like a proposition.

"I think what you are thinking is right," Harry says and Draco takes the chance to give him a kiss. Let's just say, things escalated from there and they started dating.

_______________________

1 Year Later

Harry had to admit that pretending to be completely in love and dating Draco Malfoy wasn't too bad. Draco was caring, making sure he had eaten and being all nice and romantic. He wasn't too bad in bed either. But Harry had not lost sight of why he was doing this. Though one thing that he could not deny is that he liked Draco. Again he wasn't too bad when he wasn't trying to be a dick to Harry.

Harry came back to reality when he felt Draco kiss his neck. "Hello darling, how was your day?" Draco asks, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist and putting his head on Harry's shoulder watching Harry put away some papers into a file.

"It's been okay. What about yours?" Harry asks, kissing Draco's cheek when he just sighs.

"Well, Barnes thought it would be a good idea to enchant his arm prosthetic but screwed up. Big time so I had to..." Draco trailed ongoing on about his day. Draco had become a healer so his days were much more eventful than those being of Harry's and his job filing stuff and giving access to do things. Basically filing the paperwork to say look through a house for Merlin knows what. And as he keeps talking Harry concludes, maybe he is in love. Maybe.