𝟓𝟏 | 𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐤 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

Bertholdt sighs, "We just can't, just let it go Ymir," he asks politely. "Who knows whether we'll even manage to survive this. Sorry. It's just too risky."

Reiner agrees, "Just listen to me! You have my word," he ensures her, sincerely. "I want her out of this as much as you do! Bear with me. You have to trust us! This is what's best for Christa! Do you understand?!"

Shaking my head I meet her eyes, "Don't listen to them Ymir, they're just trapping you!!!!"

Reiner jabs me sharply into my hip, with a growl.

"Shut it! No one said you can talk!" he snaps angrily, already distressed about their current situation.

Ymir scoffs, "Yes, I understand......real question is, do you?"

"Of course!"

She nods calmly, "All right, then,"

Bertholdt felt somewhat relieved, "Thank you for that,"

Suddenly I notice Ymir not giving in to their pleas, before she begins to shake Bertholdt. He hollers loudly in surprise, "W-What are you doing?!"

"Hey, shut the hell up and use your head for a second," She cuts him off, holding his head down. "In a forest like this, I'm one who can shine. Right?"

They were about to run into a tree, as he yells out in dismay.

The two tumble around in the air while he unhooks his wires, spiralling around before adjusting himself back up into the air again. They almost hit the ground, but luckily the two made it back up again. I couldn't hear what she was saying from where I was, until we came to a clearing.

"--Any other time you two would outclass, but my titan forms more agile," She reasons, wondering what she meant by that. Wait, don't tell me she's gonna transform?! "I could leap through the trees, grab Eren and the Corporal, and rendezvous with the Scouts before you knew what hit you. Wouldn't be that hard!"

"Ymir I...."

Suddenly the two shifts rest up against a large tree, while she continues reasoning with them.

"Either you agree to take Christa with us today, right now......." She begins demanding a deal. ".....or so help me I will throw your whole plan out of whack!"

I couldn't see Either their expressions, but I knew Reiner was getting pissed off by the second and minute.

"Uh! Are you completely insane?! That doesn't help her!!!!" Reiner rages abruptly, causing my skin to crawl. "I thought that you genuinely cared!"

"I do....in my way," she says sternly. "If it robs her of a future, then life's a bitch, but by god I will live to see her again! I've made my peace with what that says about me....you guys have no idea what it's like. She knows what a shitty person I am, but she still smiles at me. I can't--"

"Dammit!" Reiner curses.

"Don't be pissed, I have a fairly decent plan," She assures him. "Besides, if I stay and fight, it'll be easier for you four to get away! Then again, if you don't like it, we can always tear each other apart like animals!"

Reiner was hesitant as I try to stay with him, to keep my eyes on Eren for now. If I dare to escape without him, then what's the point in calling myself a soldier. A Corporal. I must bring him back at all costs, even if my life may end. 

"Tch, fine!" Reiner snaps angrily. "Bertholdt you take care of the Corporal! Let's go!"

Reiner lifts me like I was nothing, as he shoves me onto Bertholdt's back, forcefully with irritation with how much we've been stalling the two. Soon they both jump forward, heading further away from the Scouts to the edge of the forest. Yet, a blinding light surrounds a certain radius within the forest, as I shield my eyes weakly with my tied up forearms.