𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ☀︎︎ 𝖆𝖓 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, I'm so tense right now, you won't believe what happened at school. We have to discuss something very serious." Aphrodite said, her nervousness was starting to build up even more, and by the time her mother took off her shoes, and coat.

"Let's sit down, and you're gonna tell me what happened. Slowly and calmly so I can understand what you're saying."

Aphrodite took a deep breath and started telling Elizabeth everything that happened.

"So I was at the cafeteria, sitting with a group of -"

"Oh, before you start, I have to ask. Tell me more about your school, what are the kids like? Have you made any friends? Were they nice to you?"

"Mom, that's not the case now, what I'm about to tell you it's very important and shocking!"

"My bad . . . Continue." Elizabeth smiled apologetically.

"Like I said I was at the cafeteria when all of a sudden I started to feel crazily overwhelming feelings and emotions. Like - like goosebumps, a headache, and my heart beating super fast. It felt like a security alarm was warning me of danger. In the beginning, I didn't know where it came from, but soon I realized that everything I felt that moment grew stronger when a certain group of people walked in."

"They all carried this unusually . . . strange energy with them." she struggled to find the right word to describe it.

"I've never felt like that before. It was horrendous - like I was being tortured by some kind of disastrous magic for the whole lunch period. I thought . . . that my instincts were trying to warn me of something or someone . . . and I believe it was from them. And when lunch period ended I got out of there and the more the distance increased the more I started feeling better and better."

Her mother listened to her words carefully. How she knew about everything that her daughter was referring to.

"Of course the universe hates me! One of the siblings was at the Biology class with me and . . ! We were going to sit at the same table! And everything was going to the max point of worst hitting me like meteorites. That hour was a living nightmare, I swear. And on top of that, he seemed to notice my weird behavior and he stared at me. When I raised my head to look at him. . .his eyes were. . .golden. . .and he was insanely pale. . ."

The red-haired lost herself in her thoughts trying to recall the picture of him in her head.

"Not to even say that he was. . .kind of pretty, too. . ." she muttered in embarrassment.
"I know out of all those crazy things I felt, I noticed his beauty? How stupid!" Aphrodite cringed embarrassingly, fidgeting uncontrollably with her fingers.

"So as soon as I got here I figured out where to find the answers and the confirmation I needed. In the attic . . . I went through dad's box that contained his books." Aphrodite grabbed the book from the coffee table and handed it to Elizabeth.

"Remember this? This is the book that dad used to read me as a kid. Inside, it has all the answers to my possible craziness."

"However, it said it here, too. Those people are vampires, different vampires - my suspicions were confirmed - They're vampires who feed on animal blood. 'That causes their eye color to change and instead of crimson red, their eyes become golden.' That explains everything, and those peculiar feelings was my instincts that was warning me, my witch instincts at least. . ."

Aphrodite looked at her mother hesitantly. She focused on her blank expression, Elisabeth's lips formed a thin line for a second and she was staring at the book on her lap.

"Now that I've told you everything and you still might not believe me . . . are you going to send me to a psychiatric clinic?"

Her mother took the book and gently threw it on the table."No. Not yet." She got up, planning on going to the kitchen, and pour herself a glass of red wine. Aphrodite didn't follow, she wanted to give her some space so she could process all the information that was given to her.