What!

CHAPTER 37

*Sly's Office*
Sly was beyond happy and he was willing to do anything to make Jewel wake up. He want to hear those three words from her mouth and not from someone else.
Leonard also came back with Sly upon hearing the news. He went to Sly's hospital to check on the girl and he could tell from the way Sly looks at her that he loves her.
You love her right? He asked hitting Sly's shoulder and he nodded.
Go for it but makes sure she loves you too or get ready for an heartbreak.
She loves me, she said it to the police officer thinking she might die.
She thought she was late, Leonard added.
I brought two patients here two months ago, how is she doing? Leonard asked.
She should be fine, Sly replied.
I'll go check on her, Leonard said.
Well, he has always done that. Helping people and checking on them. At the point in time when he found the woman with her daughter crying for help. Sly's hospital was the nearest so he took her there.
He opened the door to find her crying. He was shocked.
What's wrong? He asked getting close to her.
I and my daughter don't want to stay here anymore, she said as her voice quivered.
Why? He asked shortly.
We will soon be discharged, the doctor said we will spend like a week here to be recovered fully, she started still crying.
Isn't that something to be happy about? Leonard asked confused.
Then she continued; We went to the doctor's office to tell him how grateful we were as we could not find you to tell you that.
We could hear voices from the inside and we  decided not to disturb but wait but what we heard shock us, she said as her voice quivered and she hiccupped.
The doctor has an extraordinary gift to make different medicines and has given the woman one that will make a particular man see her as beautiful even if she is not and for him to forget a particular girl he loves.
What! Leonard said not believing but this woman in front him would not lie.
He said he is going to collect the money in cash in the evening, the woman added.
I will report to the head of this hospital, just stay strong while I go out there and I promise I will come back for you, Leonard said and the woman named Sarah and she nodded.
Leonard told Sly about it and since the doctor handling the girl's treatment is doctor Tristan, he kept a close eye on him and trailed him in the evening, he was able to discover that it was Magnolia with a guy holding a brief case.
He took a picture of them and turned back to leave before he will be caught.
All this was happening in his hospital and he didn't notice it.
*Days later***Sly's Mansion*
Sly, Jewel and Lily sat in the sitting room.
Are you she's your step mother? Lily asked.
Yes, I am sure, Jewel replied.
If we imprison her now, she will bail herself free, Sly said.
You can only do this one thing, Lily said.
What? Both Sly and Jewel asked at the same time.
💜T.B.C💜