Chapter 19

Chuuya seemed reluctant to hand the phone over. He glanced over to Dazai's 'family', he saw the confusion on their faces, but he also saw a realization dawning upon them.

To Itsuki Chuuya seemed like someone who knew Osamu far too well for both their good. A connection which the mafia forced upon both of them and somehow it stuck to them. Chuuya was reluctant to hand over the phone, because he knew nothing good would come from it.

"Chuuya, give me the phone. You and I knew, I and him knew this was gonna play out like this. Don't make it complicated by trying to influence something you have no power over. You're making this difficult for both me and the boss"

From the other side of the phone Chuuya heard laughter.

"Fine, but don't do anything stupid, I really don't wanna get stuck having to work with you again" He hissed, handing over the phone.

"Why hello, how come you call me via Chuuya instead of simply coming here yourself? Why did you have to send over my least favourite person to meet and contact me, when you could have simply done so yourself?" Dazai cheefully inquired, it was weird, how familiar he spoke to the boss.

Chuuya standing a couple of feet away frowned. He knew that tone of voice, just like most things Dazai did, nothing good ever followed it. And his family was still there. It's not like it was his job to protect them now, but it would be unfortunate if they were to start interfering.

Now that he took a closer look at them, he could tell Dazai's apparent twin seemed ready to attack or for a fight. But calm in a way most people wouldn't be. He was no amature, observing his clothing he came to a stop at a patch on the jacket. Police.

Shit, well, that certainly didn't make things easier. Not that they could actually do anything, but still, they were closer to being able to do anything than many others were.

Suddenly there was a shift in the mood, Chuuya most likely the only one who noticed it before Dazai opened his mouth again. It was dark, intimidating, cold and pure evil.

An icy giggle escaped Dazai's mouth.

"Go ahead Mori, do that and start locking your door at night, you never know who might want to slid your throat in your sleep" There was hint to his voice which left no indication for this being a simple threat. Chuuya had once before seen Dazai openly threaten Mori, heard from Gin how he had done so once again in open daylight, but he had never openly proclaimed his murder like this.

"Oh and don't count on my absence afterwards, I might just take what belongs to me anyways. It was quite disrespectful to take it from me in the first place don't you think?" Dazai said, followed by another dark giggle.

By this point Chuuya knew he had to somehow get Dazai to snap out of it. If he carried on like this he'd show these people who he really was and then they surely wouldn't want to speak to him anymore.
Then again maybe that was just his intention. Dazai didn't strike him as someone who liked to spend time with people, much less his family whom he hadn't seen in over 10 years probably.

Not that chuuya actually knew how long it had been.

Point was he felt like he needed to do something, but really didn't want to risk messing up a plan which he was sure Dazai had.

"Can't say I feel the same, whenever I hear your voice I'd like to commit murder or suicide, whichever comes easier."

This was not going in a good direction, absolutely not. Now Dazai was outright offending him, was he trying to get people killed?

"Well, you drove me away, so I guess it's your own fault for having to fear me now, you could have kept me in a black coat for the rest of both your and my life. Still don't you forget, I changed the color of my coat, I never took it off"