She sat down on the bed beside me, kissing my forehead.

"Have you talked to Riri?"

"Don't ruin the moment." I warned.

"I'm just asking." She laughed. "How are you mad at her but not me?" She asked, placing my legs on her lap.

"Who said I wasn't mad at you?"

"It doesn't seem like it" She shrugged.

"I am." I responded, making her look up at me. "But I can tolerate you a little bit more than I can her right now."

"Why?"

"I don't know" I shrugged, "I feel like it wasn't really your responsibility to tell me, it would've been nice but I think she owes me a little bit more loyalty than you do. Plus, you weren't the one listening to me pour my heart out."

"About me?" She asked as a smirk appeared on her face.

"Don't flatter yourself." I scoffed, rolling my eyes yet again. "Do you think I'm being too harsh?"

"Do you?"

"You can't answer a question with a question." I laughed, hitting her with a pillow.

"Maybe," She started, moving herself closer to me. "You should talk to her."

I sighed, resting my forehead on hers.

"Can you believe all this commotion is over you." I let out a chuckle.

"I can." She replied, smirking at me again.

"Whatever"

"I'm joking." She closed her eyes and poked her lips out waiting for me to give her a kiss.

"Only because you got me such a good gift." I laughed, placing a kiss on her lips.

We spent the next few hours cuddled up until Shuri fell asleep laying on my chest.

I attempted to remove myself from under her making her hold on to me tighter.

"Nooo" She mumbled, making me laugh.

"I have to pee"

"Hold it" She mumbled again.

"Or I'll just pee right here in your bed"

"Go ahead" She shrugged.

"Shuri, move" I laughed. "I'll be right back."

"Promise?"

"I promise" I rolled my eyes, finally being released from her grasp.

I walked out to see Riri leaving her room at the same time. I acted as if I didn't see her, quickly walking to the bathroom and closing the door.

I had hoped she would be gone by the time I came back out, but the sight of her standing right beside the bathroom door made me jump.

"Oh my gosh." I muttered, trying to calm my nerves.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Can we talk? Please?" She asked, looking at me with sad eyes.

I didn't want to have this conversation right now or at all but I figured it may be necessary since we do live together.

"Sure" I mumbled, making my way over to the couch and taking a seat. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry. That I didn't tell you and that you had to find out the way that you did. I really just didn't think it was that serious." She rambled, standing at the other end of the couch.

"I need you to tell me everything and I do mean everything Riri."

"Okay." She agreed, sitting on the floor across from me. "When we first met we got kind of close. There was just something between us. We both knew it but we just didn't act on it. Until one night we were having a vulnerable moment and one thing led to another... a couple of times." She sighed.

"So it wasn't just a one time thing? You're just full of lies, huh?"

"No, it wasn't." She whispered. "But I just felt so guilty about everything that I had put her through that I told her it would probably just be best for us to remain friends. She was the first person I actually had those kind of feelings for.."

I could feel my heart break hearing those words come from her mouth.

"Do you still have feelings for her." I whispered, holding back my tears.

"No, I told you she's like family Hazel."

"Riri, you've lied to me enough. Please just tell me the truth. I see the way that you look at her."

She sighed, looking down at the ground.

"Yes." She whispered. "A part of me just wonders what could've been. I always have. I offered to let her stay here because I wanted to find out but then she showed interest in you and I decided not to act on my feelings. I know you have feelings for her and she has feelings for you and I don't wanna come in between that."

"You already have." I laughed dryly, standing up.

"Hazel please." She begged, grabbing my arm. "I really am sorry. I really just want my best friend back."

"Riri its not just about Shuri... You lied to me. Multiple times. I can't just overlook that."

"I know. I should have been honest with you from the beginning."

"I just need some time." I sighed, removing myself from her grip and walking into my room.

I closed the door behind me, immediately letting all of the tears flow.

I think it hurt more knowing that she still had feelings for her than knowing they had a thing...

•      •      •

I love seeing how into this story y'all get, I experience the same emotions while writing as y'all do while reading 😭♥️ Thanks again for reading, voting, and commenting 🫶🏽