"At Cobra Kai we don't believe in baby steps. We throw out student's straight into the fire. Kenny Payne."

"Only started training with us this year, now look at him.." Kenny bowed as Sensei Kim began everything.

The Sensei's holding up wooden boards. He punched one in half, kicking two in half. Sweeping the last Sensei to the floor who still held up the board which Kenny kicked.

They then bowed.

Off to Tory, Devon and Avery showing off a demonstration.

When everything was finished they were getting the results. Which caused for a in direct competition.

"Nichols, you are one of the best but.. I want to see what our second place can do, since I already know you can beat LaRusso on the mat."

"Silver, your fighting against the LaRusso you lost against in the tournament. Don't fail your mother."

"Winning this is what your mother would have wanted. You ready to take on that challenge?"

Avery nodded, "Yes, Sensei." She bowed. "Good."

"Payne, Ready to take on whoever they pick as their top fighter?" Kenny held his chin up and high. "Yes, Sensei."

"You better be. Because the fate of this dojo rest in your fists." Avery and Kenny both looked at each other.

He sniffed and went back to face the front. "Class dismissed."

"Avery, can you train after hours with me?" Kenny came up to the girl as the class started to disappear.

She nodded.

Fast forward to midnight.

"Ais!" Kenny threw a knife strike. "As sharp as a knife!" She grabbed his hand repositioned his fingers then threw them back. "Ais!"

Kenny did the same thing again. "Burning the midnight oil?" They both stopped and turned.

"Don't think we'll be able to sleep tonight. Just lots of pressure."

"You guys got the pre-fight jitters."

"Whoever they put up, I'll be fighting someone with way more experience. He'll be bigger, stronger than me."

"Before I started training in the way of the fist, know what they used to call me!" Terry put down his jacket and walked over to them.

"Twig."  "Really?"

"Yeah, Didn't let it stop me. You're on your way to becoming one of the best, Miss Avery here has more years of experience than you."

"But yet.. she didn't win the tournament. LaRusso, Lawrence, Diaz Keene." Avery's heart dropped for a second.

"Let me show you guys a little something." Terry walked to the dummy they were practicing on

"My masters taught me this years ago. I've made a few tweaks. I call it the silver bullet."

"Taught her father about it, too weak to use it."  Terry put his fist right between where the human ribs would be.

"By doing this, you can literally take their breath away." Terry pulled his hands back, hiding the point's of his fingers to show only the bone.

The hard bone that hardly breaks and strikes right at the ribs, breaking the outer part of the dummy.

"Holy shit.." Avery's eyes widened, "But sensei, you already get a point for hitting the chest."

"Why go for extra damage?"

"Because the shortest distance to victory in a fight is to take out your opponent with one shot." Kenny bit his lower lip. "Show me again."

God did Avery hope he didn't use this in the fight.

...Day of fight...

Tory didn't seem to show, and she was the only emotional support Avery had at the moment.

The girl looked at Robby who was already staring at her. She felt like balling her eyes out at the sight of him but couldn't show how much he has effected her.

"Silver. Come here." Sensei Kim called  the girl over, who listened. "I know about you and Keene, use that emotion towards LaRusso."

She nodded, bowing down and walking back to her place. "Keene!" Kenny marched over to Robby, the match was about to start so Avery need to get Kenny.

She ran over and put a hand on Kenny's shoulder. "Kenny the match is about to start, use your aggression on the mat not in smack talk."

"Avery-" Robby started as Kenny walked away. "I'm trying Robby..talk to you later tonight, spot after juvie."

They both wanted to embrace each other right there. But instead the girl just gave him a small weak smile.

"See you later, Robert" Avery walked off.

"Eli Moskowitz and Kenny Payne, please take the mat."

They both went to the middle, doing the whole bow thing. "Fight!"

Kenny started off with aggression, Hawk was on defense which Kenny caught him off guard with a kick.

"Point! 1-0 Payne."

"Ready? Fight!"

Now both were fighting with a aggression, Kenny had a weak leg, Hawk jumped up and earned a point with a kick to the face.

"Out of bounds!" Kenny clearly slid out of bounds, everyone started to complain. The sensei looked at Terry.

Avery looked at him with suspicion, it's the same thing that happened during the tournament with Tory.

The fight started again and Kenny went with an illegal strike. "That's a warning."

Avery furrowed her brows, Kenny got back up with more anger. "Ready?"

That's when her heart really sank to the bottom of her feet, Kenny started to do the motions of getting into position for 'silver bullet.'

"Fight!" Hawk went to punch but Kenny raised up his arm for full vision of Hawks ribs, hitting the silver bullet right in the middle.

Knocking air out hawk, he dropped down to the floor gasping for air. "Can you continue?"

Hawk tried to push up but fell right back down. "That's a forfeit. Winner, Payne!" The red lifted up his arm.

Everyone started to cheer for Kenny, Avery just stood their surprised and full of thoughts.

Her vision started to go blurry,  breathing was uneasy. While everyone was celebrating she snuck off, grabbing her things.

Quickly exiting the building she got away far enough, ordering an Uber home.

"We begin our girls fight." A judge stood up. "Samantha LaRusso and Avery Gomez."

"Silver-" Terry looked around but saw his granddaughter was nowhere in sight. Sam got onto the mat.

"Gomez?

"Avery's not here, something happened."

...

To be continued..

-

Switching things around bc I can, but also I didn't know I had this book on completed😭. Finishing up season 5 so I can work on Mr Diaz💪

Sorry for the grammar.

-EP