024. Happiness is a Butterfly

Start from the beginning

Persephone shrugged. "I've honestly thought about hanging out with the girls but Daphne seems a bit more occupied as of late."

Persephone couldn't help but think about the conversation she had with Daphne. It sounded crazy to use each other for their own benefits. On top of that, Daphne did have a lot of suitors but has not picked one yet. Deep down Persephone believes Daphne was starting to fall in love with the Duke but she didn't want to admit it, at least not to them.

Nonetheless, she did want to see the Duke. The more she talked to him, the more she was sure of what she wanted and it was only a matter of time before things changed between them. Persephone didn't know whether to be scared or nervous about it.

"Persephone, we must make haste!" Athena yelled from the bottom of the stairs. No doubt rushing her young sister.

"You best leave before your sister keeps yelling at you."

"She keeps yelling, then I won't go and she'll have to go by herself." Persephone got up from her seat and walked towards her mirror. Looking at herself up and down, no doubt she always loved whenever Arabella got her ready. "Wish me luck?"

"You don't need luck but I hope you have a wonderful day." Arabella gleamed as she gave Persephone a hug.

Breaking out of the hug, Persephone walked out of her room, towards her sister who was waiting at the bottom of the stairs. Persephone could see how annoying her sister was with just the look on her face.

"Took you long enough. Now, let's hope they don't take the good spots." Athena walked out of the house with her sister following closely behind her.

"You need to stop being so dramatic."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Luckily enough, the girls did show up just in time for a perfect spot in the park. God knows her sister would have her head on a spike if they didn't have a perfect spot.

As things were getting set up for their spot, Persephone decided to look around for brief moment. To her right, she could see the Featheringtons with their bright flowery dresses. Lady Featherington looking more stuck up than ever. No doubt having concerns with her daughters finding good suitors.

To her far left, she could the Bridgertons playing around. Anthony and his siblings always had a good relationship with one another. One that Persephone admired and had become jealous of. Far from them was Daphne and the Duke of Hastings, no doubt setting up for their plan on faking things between them.

Persephone didn't want to become concerned, but she was. Daphne and the Duke of Hastings were playing a very dangerous game. A game that will cause a lot of sadness and anger. Persephone could only hope Daphne would do the right thing and possibly stop whatever it is she was doing or at least find a suitor fast. It wouldn't take long for people to know, especially Lady Whistledown.

"I'm glad you guys finally arrived. I almost thought you guys wouldn't make it." Naomi voiced out, making Persephone turn to face her.

"Trust me, Naomi, we would have arrived earlier if it wasn't for this one over here taking forever to get ready." Athena glanced at Persephone.

Persephone scoffed. "We're here and you have your perfect spot. There's no point of blaming me for anything anymore."

"Why don't you girls take a walk while we finish setting up?" Athena ignored her sister.

"I was just about to grab Persephone for a walk. I was going to invite Daphne but she seems a bit occuiped." The three girls turned to see the red head still talking to the Duke.