"Every time I try to call you-"

"Your nicknames are dumb, Prongs! No one wants to be called Regina, or Roo-Roo, or Snookums!" Reg cut the bespectacled boy's argument off with his own shouting. James put a hand over his heart and gasped brokenly.

"You told me you loved the last one." He sounded close to tears. Lily rolled her eyes and put her face in her hands from her husband's dramatics.

"I did no such thing, pea brain." Regulus scoffed.

"I'll be using that nickname." Lily hummed, sitting up straight once more.

"Well, for your information, Ceddy Bear over here loves my nicknames. Yeah. That's right. You've been replaced, RiRi. I have a new best friend up here in the afterlife." James nodded towards Cedric who coward away from the tousled haired Black and pretended not to be seen out of fear of being pummeled.

"Oh, such a pity for me." Regulus grumbled, standing from his seat. "My brother always did get the better end of everything. Running away from our abusive parents, adopted by his best friend's family that loved him, actual friends, not being stuck with James with no escape— I feel like there's another one... oh, right. Not drowning!" He listed off on his fingers. "You wonder why I don't join you two more often for this lovely quality time." He mocked. "I'll see you in another few weeks-"

"Snookums, wait! I didn't mean that!" James chased after the younger boy that he had grown so close with in their years together, despite the other boy's hard, cold exterior— the exact opposite to James' sunny, warm personality. They had a love-hate relationship, but it wouldn't work any other way. The other reminded themselves of the mischievous, handsome, and wicked brother they both had left behind. Their agreement of how much it meant to have one another was unspoken.

"I love you deerly, Reg! Don't go!" James chased Regulus out the front door of their home where the lot typically gathered to look down upon their loved ones like it was their favorite reality series to watch.

Lily sighed and pressed her fingers to her temples when the door slammed shut. Cedric chuckled at the events and tossed a chocolate frog over to her couch, making her mumble a thanks.

"I sure as hell don't think this is what everyone at our funeral was referring to when they said to Rest In Peace." Lily griped.

~Let Us Continue...~

"Why can't I?" Harry asked dramatically.

"Because it would be on your body forever!"

"That's the point of a tattoo! You just said they were hot, don't get snippy now that I'm thinking of getting one in a few years to appease you, darling!"

"They have potential to be hot! An image of Ronald sprawled across your chest is not something I want to look at anytime I see you shirtless! That's not hot!" I hissed back at him. He smirked and tilted his head, ruffling his shorter hair with his hand and biting his bottom lip.

"Don't be jealous just because you know I would pick him over you." Harry mocked in my higher pitched voice, slugging his arm over my shoulder and forcing me into his side when he saw my agitation settling in.

"Git." I mumbled.

"You love it." He snickered, planting a kiss on the bridge of my nose. The two of us entered the common room, and Harry's grin wiped from his face quickly as he cleared his throat. Despite the warm and welcoming atmosphere that merrily greeted the Gryffindor students that entered, the silence that fell over the room with our arrival ruined it.