.prt6

as the sun came up once more, i had realised that i spent the whole night day dreaming instead of sleeping. or is it night dreaming? creating scenarios in my head.

could say it was an eventful night, however this day will utterly drain me.

my parents told me the day before that i should take the guests out to fish for us and for the rest of the clan.

everyone else in the igloo had appeared full of energy, like they got a full nights worth of sleep. what lucky skxawngs.

after we all refreshed ourselves and took a quick dip in the half frozen over lake by the caves, i got out the equipment needed and got our pengees ready to set off.

on our way there, loak, kiri and kut told us all stories of how they were taught to catch fish and how it would always be neteyam that caught the largest one.

it had seemed that talking about neteyam brought a bittersweet joy towards them, and so whatever had happened to him affected them a lot. even tsireya and aonung faces lit up to the mention of his name. but still there was a sense of distraught in the atmosphere when speaking of him.

nevertheless, it made them happy, and so i asked more questions about him. it was an open opportunity, so of course i was going to take it.

"what was he like?", "how old was he?", "what happened?". maybe i was taking advantage of how vulnerable they were at this moment, but it's moments like these that bring people closer.

and so i got answered. at one point a tear even left from loaks left eye. mother said the tears that first fall from the left were pain, and from the right were happiness.

"we don't have to talk about him anymore if you don't want to." i said whilst wiping the tear off his face. all i got as a response was a "i'm fine" and a slap to my hand. too far. got it.

as we passed the hills and caves in the warmest parts of the land, we finally reached the warmest part of the ocean connected to the icina village. sure, it took ages to get here and it is most definitely too hot to handle for regular ice navis, but the climate here was perfect for the sullys and the metkayina children.

of course, as it was warmer like mentioned, there were sea life here. sea fish. the fish that we survive on daily.

in our village, everyone has their own job, and so we normally have someone in particular to collect the fish for us, however whenever we are welcomed to guests, the hosts (which are always the olo'eyktans family) serve them with fish that they've, or we've, fished up ourselves.

whilst fishing, it had been obvious that the siblings stories were true. loak is a horrible fisher. aonung the best out of them all, surprisingly.

it was all a huge mockery in all honesty: seeing how loak kept being just inches away from catching the best fish, and aonung being able to catch the same one effortlessly.

kiri hadn't caught any, she was admiring them instead. being one with them.

that hadn't mattered though, as we caught more than enough to last us for days.

the entire way back we were taking the piss out of each other. memories with friends. i loved that word. friends. as the daughter of the leader, it was hard to make any. all the icina navi treated me differently as they thought i required extra respect.

but seeing as these five were also oloyektan children, it was easier to relate with them, and i had appreciated that. to finally be able to have someone to call my own friends.