Chapter 2

You're not sure what to expect when you get back from work, but you knock just in case.

Fuck, you're sore all over today. That sure was a lot of beating for a small-scale movie.

But it was fun.

Surprisingly, it's Ed who opens the door and grins at you, clearly drunk.

"Hey, (y/n)." He half-slurs your name in a weirdly attractive way, and you raise an eyebrow.

"You look drunk."

He giggles.

He fucking giggles.

God damn that's cute.

"Coz I am, silly." He mumbles, and you laugh, walking in, and shut the door behind you.

"Well I shouldn't let you leave in that state so I guess you're staying the night." You sigh, hanging your scarf up on a hook on the wall along with your bag, pulling off your boots.

You realize that that's a bit ridiculous; you've literally met him today.

But, well, it's not as if one of Tasha's boyfriends have never stayed over. You're almost used to having random guys staying over like this now.

Except this isn't some random guy, damn it, it's Edward Christopher fucking Sheeran.

Whatever.

"Alright, on a scale of eight to twelve, how drunk are you?" You bark, and he perks up a bit like a puppy that had its name called, blinking up at you sleepily.

"I'd say 'bout eleven. Five to twelve is a weird way to scale stuff, innit?"

He noticed the scale wasn't 1-10, though. He's not as drunk as you thought.

"O-kay." You sigh, dragging him into the living room, where Tasha is passed out on the sofa and there are two bottles of Jack Daniels and at least ten other things of alcohol strewn about.

"Jesus Christ you've gotta be kidding me." You groan, running a hand over your face and through your hair, and Ed chuckles slightly from behind you.

"She can't exactly handle her alcohol. I had to stop her getting at the third bottle of beer." He says, ruffling his hair.

"And you drank the rest of that?" You point vaguely at the some dozen or so empty bottles laying around.

"Mmmmhmmmm..."

You sigh and begin picking up the bottles and carrying them into the kitchen, stacking them up neatly into the sink, and return to find Ed just sort of shuffling where he stands, looking very inebriated and lost.