Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Are you sure about that? Based on what I observe from your IBM's reaction around the girl. I think it's more than just 'care.' I'd say you're in love with her" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. Me... in love with Y/N?

-Feelings-

Kei P.O.V

"What do you mean I'm in love with Y/N? I don't have such feelings" I said. Mr. Ikuya just shakes his head at what I said. He turn to look at me with a serious face.

"Are you sure? Even though you're an Ajin. You'd still feel emotions. Love... is also a possibility. Even for an Ajin" he said. I look away at what he said. I stare at the ground underneath me.

It couldn't be possible, right? I couldn't have fallen for Y/N. It's just seem absurd. All I know is that, I do care for Y/N as a friend. But to think that I'm in love her. I don't know... it just doesn't sit right in my mind.

"Don't think too hard about it. It takes time to admit such emotion. But you'll understand what I mean..." he said, standing up. He turns around and walks away. I click my tongue and lean my back against the wall behind me.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I make my way towards the forest where Kei would be. I hear slashing sound, letting me know that the black ghost is striking something. By the sound of it, I'm guessing it's on of the trees.

"Hey, Kei!" I called out. He turns to look at me. His eyes widened in horror. "Y/N watch out!" He yelled out. I look up to see a huge branch falling towards me. I froze in my spot, as I stare at it wide eyed. I try to move but I feel my foot tripping over a root. I fall on the ground and stare at the branch that's falling towards me.

I close my eyes tightly as I prepare myself for the impact. "Y/N!!" I hear Kei yelled out in panic. But I feel nothing hitting me. I slowly open my eyes. They snap open in shock when I see Kei's black ghost standing above me, to cover me from the branch. It move the branch aside as it starts to disappear slowly.

Kei rushes towards me and slide down next to me. "Are you okay? Are you hurt??" He asked, placing his hands on my shoulders. He starts checking me for any signs of injuries.

"I-I'm fine... just shocked" I said. He heave out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank God..." he said, swiftly pulling me into a tight hug. I froze out of shock at his sudden movement.

This is not the first time Kei hugged me. But usually, it was due to him wanting to comfort me when I was upset. But I'm not upset right now. So this is a surprise for him to hug me like this. I blink my eyes, snapping out of my shock when I feel Kei's body shaking lightly. I feel a wet substance landing on my shirt, realizing Kei is crying.

"Kei..." I said. My eyes soften as I lift my hand, gently placing it on his head. I start to caress his hair softly. He buries his face in the crook of my neck, hugging my waist tightly. I just stay silent, waiting for him to calm down.

After a while, he finally calms down. He slowly pulls away from the hug and look away. "Why are you crying all the sudden, Kei?" I asked. He start fidgeting while biting his lips, staying quiet.

"Kei?" I called out, after not getting an answer from him. He let out a sigh and turn to look at me. His red eyes staring into mine. I stare at him, waiting for him to give me an answer.

"At first, I have no idea. I'm also confused why my black ghost didn't try to attack you or show any sign of hostility towards you. Well, that was until I had a talk with Mr. Igura... but what he said makes me feel uncertain. But after what happened with you earlier, I..." he paused. I stare at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I realize that... I have fallen in love with you" he said, in a gentle voice. My eyes widened in shock at what he said. I didn't expect to hear such words coming out from Kei's mouth. I never thought that Kei is capable of feeling such emotion... like love.

"Please say something..." he said. I blink my eyes as I turn to look at him. "Kei... I... this is too sudden. I... I don't know, what to feel about you at the moment" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head in understanding at what I said.

"I understand. I know it's a shock to hear me say things like that. I was in shock of myself as well... I was so convinced that I would never be able to feel something like love. But turns out, I do have the capability to feel it... so, take all the time you need" he said. I just smile softly at him.

"We should probably head back..." he said. I just nod my head. He stands up and offers a hand to me. I gently place my hand on top of his, allowing him to pull me up. But I stumble as soon as I put weight on my feet. Kei is quick to catch me before I fall over again.

"Woah... are you okay?" He asked. I wince in pain as I bit my lips. "I think I sprained my ankle..." I said. He stares at me with a worried gaze. He places his hands on the back of my knees. I let out a yelp as he scoops me up in his arms. My arms automatically went around his neck.

"I'll carry you... and I'll treat your ankle later, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He smiles softly at me and turns around. He starts walking towards the base camp with me in his arms.

A While Later

Kei have brought me to my room. He told me to wait as he went to grab the necessity. I just sit on my bed, deep in thought. My mind went back to what Kei just said to me in the forest earlier.

I realize that... I have fallen in love with you his voice echoed in my head. I close my eyes as I let out a sigh. I run my hand through my hair softly. Kei said... he loves me. But, what do I feel for him? Do I feel the same way for him?

I flinch when the door to my room opens. I turn my head to see Kei holding first aid kit in his hand. He walks over to me and kneels down. He looks up at me.

"Let me check your feet, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He gently grab my ankle and move it to rest on his lap. He starts inspecting it. I just watch as he scoop up some cream in his hand.

"I'm going to massage it a little. Let me know if it hurts, okay?" He said, looking up at me. I just nod my head. He turns to focus on my ankle and start to spread the cream. I bit my lips, trying not to show him any sign of pain since I don't want to worry him.

"Ow..." I winced as he put some pressure. He instantly stop and looks up at me. "Sorry..." he said. I just shake my head, smiling reassuringly at him. He nods his head and turn his attention to my ankle once again. He place the cream back inside the first aid kit box. He grabs a bowl filled with mashed mixture.

"I made these herbs just now, it will help numb the pain a little" he said. He spread the herbs around my ankle and bandage it up. He looks focus as he treats my wound. It warms my heart at the way he show that he cares for me.

"There... you should take it easy with your right ankle until it recovers, okay?" He said. I just smile and nod my head at what he said. "Thank you, Kei..." I said. He just nods his head, smiling at me.

"You should rest, okay?" He said. I nod my head, feeling a little tired. He helps me lay down, placing a pillow on my foot to get it rest properly. He pulls the blanket up to my neck. He runs his hand through my hair gently.

"Sleep well, Y/N..." he said. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead. I blink my eyes in surprise at my action. "Sorry... I can't help myself" he said. I smile at what he said.

"It's okay... I appreciate your love for me. But I still need time to figure out what I feel for you..." I said. He nods his head at what I said. He smiles softly at me. He turns around and walks out of my room.

I turn my head to look at the ceiling. I lift my hand, and place it on my forehead on the spot Kei planted a kiss. I let out a sigh and place my hand on my stomach. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*