3-18: Interu vs That, Phase 1 (Apex 1 & Spider 66)

Start from the beginning

I arrive at the shaft, and she is staring me down with grim determination in her eight eyes.

I take in her Presence fully, which is difficult as her [Stealth] Skill must have maxed out.

Still, I can tell her blazing Soul exceeds her tiny form.

The Danger she exudes indicates her Stats to rival my own, maybe even surpass mine.

By raw power alone she would be a dangerous opponent.

But she is no simple-minded berserker, I can feel the refinement of her Skills.

Both of those her kind should have, and those she shouldn't have at all.

Ruler Skills, I can sense them in her.

It is nearly impossible to obtain any of them, and yet here she is, with more than one.

However, the most impressive thing about her is still the same thing that caught my eye about her in the first place.

Her intellect.

The sheer speed and depth of her thoughts thanks to the enhancement to her mind.

She is the single most clever thing I have the honour of fighting.

I am actually not confident in achieving victory, which excites me to no end.

So I stand there ready to fight.

Sure, the Maker told us to leave her be since the death of Rend, unless she poses a threat to his Beloved that is.

But my loyalty to the Maker pales in comparison to my desire to fight her.

I wait for her to make the first move, she has more than earned the right to.

What will you do, oh young but expectation-shattering one?

She opens by casting a jet black spear straight at me.

A simple test for a response, and I respond by dodging and unleashing an uncharged breath back to test her as well.

She seems to understand this, and launches herself off the ground pulling something out of what's probably [Spatial Storage], and throwing it under herself, causing a concentrated reaction of Shock.

Taking advantage of your light weight and using an explosion to propel yourself?

Simply genius.

I give chase as the both of us use [Dimensional Manoeuvring] to move upward.

I notice that she is using multiple smaller platforms instead of one big one to support herself, clear signs that she has been training hard to master such a difficult technique to better conserve SP.

Should I survive, I wish to master that trick as well.

But enough of my admiration, she clearly does not want to be in close range of me, making it clear what I should do.

She also deliberately stays in the centre of the shaft, negating my advantage with [Terrain Magic] as much as possible.

She then activates her Evil Eye Skills, and I check to see if they are of any concern.

Luckily, they are too weak to significantly affect me, so I can afford to ignore them for now.

Still, I must remain cautious, as I always have in battle.

Though instead of doing so out of discipline and habit, I am now doing so out of necessity.

Against the likes of her, I cannot be careless.