Kuna't thought of Te'rani as her older sister. She was always there for her and her family. Aa'pau as well.

He was also a close neighbor. He was more popular than Te'rani, being a full fetched warrior with tatoos on his arms, neck and chest. He was the cool uncle to Fpe'ut. And Te'rani was the loving aunt.

"Come, call Tsireya too, we'll all eat together" Kuna't said, motioning them inside.

Te'rani handed her the basket before climbing up into the marui. "Tsireya will be here any minute, I called her. Your son is the one thats missing here" she said.

"Ah that boy....these days he has too much energy in him" Kuna't fussed.

Aa'pau turned away from the marui when he heard Fpe'yu running behind him. He immediately caught him in his grasp by catching him by his waist, only using one hand to stop the boy from moving. Fpe'ut squealed and broke into a fit of laughter, struggling against his grip.

Tsireya was behind the wo, having brought Fpe'ut here. She laughed at them.

"I got him!" Aa'pau said, causing the two women to turn. Both laughed. "Fpe'utt.. let's eat" Kuna't smiled.
"Ah Tsireya! Come come come" Kuna't motioned her inside happily.

The young child still struggled in Aa'pau's arm before giving up with a huff. "You're too strong!" Fpe'ut whined.

"I am" Aap'au nodded, letting the boy go.

Having heard that, Te'rani shook her head, smile not leaving her face.

Fpe'ut came into the house to stand beside Te'rani. "What did you bring us?"

"Happiness" She replied, causing the young boy to tilt his head in confusion. Swo'tu and Kuna't laughed.

Tsireya walked in, holding the same fish Fpe'yu had taken. She greeted everyone in the room as they sat.

All six of them gathered to eat, eventually visited by neighbors who waved good morning or simply struck up conversation with them.

Te'rani loved moments like these. They felt so natural, so familial. Her people were truly her family.

----••----•----••----•----••----•----••----•----••----•--

Te'rani hated it, but she barely got to see Neytiri all day. Spending the morning with Kuna't and Aap'au landed her up going to another friend, 'Oka's marui to celebrate her son's achievement of killing his first Akula. She then helped weave his first Akula tooth necklace, taking up the rest of he day.

Only after sundown did she finally get time to visit Neytiri, which, she felt horrible about.

By the time she walked to her marui, she saw that Neytiri was sitting with her son, Lo'ak. They both seemed to sit in silence as they ate together.

Te'rani considered leaving them to it, but her feet had already carried her to the entrance.

Neytiri noticed her first. She smiled, greeting her.

"I see you, Tanhi" She said.

Lo'ak silently motioned 'I see you' to her. Te'rani smiled brightly at both of them, bringing an unintentional smile on Neytiri's face as well.

"Where are they?" Te'rani asked, looking at the rather empty marui, which was missing about three kids.

"Tsireya took them to the cove of ancestors" Neytiri said.

Te'rani remembered that Tsireya had mentioned taking them there that morning.

"Oh yeah...what about you, Lo'ak? Didn't want to go?" Te'rani leaned against the entrance of the marui, hands crossed.

Lo'ak smiled slightly, shaking his head. "Not really" he said, not really wanting to explain how he had spent the day outside the reef with Payakan.

Te'rani nodded her head once.

"I wanted to visit today, but One of my friend's son, he killed his first Akula, and we all had to celebrate" she said.

Lo'ak looked at he floor. He remembered when he was attacked by an Akula. He wondered if that was a rite of passage here.

"Oh.." Neytiri nodded. She motioned for Te'rani to sit next to her. "Sit"

She smiled took a step into the marui, but suddenly she heard loud murmurs.

Her ears turned to the noise before her face did.

"Mom! Its Kiri!" Tuk cried, running to Neytiri. Behind her was Aa'pau. He was carrying an unconcious Kiri in his arms, Neteyam following him.

Te'rani's eyes widened. Neytiri and Lo'ak stood up immediately.

Oh no...