training Montage

Te'rani held onto the tail of a Tsurak along with two other men, including Tonowari.

Next to her was Neytiri.

They were holding the Tsurak in place for her to begin riding it.

"Are you sure you are ready?" Tonowari asked as his eyes flickered from Te'rani to Neytiri.

"Yes" Neytiri and Te'rani said at the same time.

"She is ready" Te'rani said while trying to stop the tsurak's tail from wiggling out of her control.

She looked at Neytiri and then Tonowari.

They had spent about an hour in the water and Neytiri had perfected riding an ilu.

She had insisted on learning to ride a tsurak, which Te'rani couldn't and wouldn't say no to.

Neytiri connected her and the tsurak's queues and it calmed down a little, causing Te'rani to sigh in relief.

It took three adult na'vi to keep a tsurak down, they were known for being far more aggressive than ilus.

Neytiri tied her hand to the handle on the tsurak's upper back.

She took a deep breath and began to move ahead slowly.

Te'rani watched as she stood next to Tonowari.

The tsurak began to move faster and lifted itself above the water. Neytiri moved a little to find a comfortable position.

When she did, she began to ride it with more confidence.

Te'rani smiled from where she stood, she was impressed, but also a little nervous for Neytiri.

Te'rani herself had only rode a tsurak once, when she was younger. She had failed miserably on the first try, but eventually got it.

Since then, only when she traveled outside the reef to fish, or in a storm, she would take her tsurak.

She learnt to ride on her diseased mother's Tsurak. Its name was Pe'lu. At some point Te'rani had stopped seeing Pe'lu completely because she would only be reminded of her mother.

Te'rani snapped out of her thoughts when she saw Neytiri go under the water.

All three of them ducked their heads to see Neytiri in the water.

They cringed when they saw Neytiri loose her grip.

She stayed in the water for a few seconds before coming back up and gasping for air. The tsurak swam away freely.

Ts'rani heard the man next to her laugh a little.

She immediately hissed and growled lowly at him. He shut his mouth when he saw Te'rani's harsh glare.

Tonowari watched as Neytiri swam with a cringed expression.

They could hear Neytiri's frustrated scrawl before she began swimming after the tsurak.

Te'rani looked back at where Neytiri was swimming and she saw her dive into the water.

A loud roar of the Tsurak was heard and the water above that area got agitated.

The three na'vi watched in anticipation with wide eyes.

The area became silent again till suddenly Neytiri burst through the water, on the back of the Tsurak.

She rode the animal with much more power now.

Tonowari and the Na'vi's mouths almost fell to the ground as they watched her come to them.

Te'rani's face held nothing but pride and awe as she watched Neytiri. This was Neytiri they were dealing with, she shouldn't have expected anything less.

Neytiri had a focused expression as she rode her tsurak to them.

The tsurak swam into the water, leaving Neytiri on the surface as she reached them.

She smiled at Te'rani. This time her smile was genuine and proud.

Te'rani could feel her heart swell and she smiled back at her.

"That was... impressive" Tonowari commented.

Neytiri nodded her head a little, a small smile not leaving her face.