chapter 3 • his charm worked on all the other girls, why not her

Start from the beginning

alex stepped out from his room, walking towards the table.

"sh!" penelope said.

penelope covered her upper lip, as alex grinned at cherry

"what's up?" he said, trying to seem cool.

cherry just blinked, and didn't reply.

"am i in trouble? is cherry in trouble? is she not talking to me as punishment?" alex questioned.

"i don't talk to you anyways." cherry scoffed.

"you just did!" alex pointed.

"no, we're just thinking." penelope lied.

"well, when you're done thinking, can i have one hundred dollars?" alex asked.

"what?" everyone at the table asked.

"i don't know, i need money for tonight because me and my friends are going bowling! or miniature golfing. or to the arcade. i don't know, just give me 100 dollars!" alex complained.

"uh, okay. first of all, you need a plan. second of all, i need to approve the plan, and third of all, 100 bucks?" penelope laughed, and pressed a kiss to her sons cheek. "that was funny."

"can i have 100 dollars, cherry?" alex asked.

"i'm not your sugar daddy." cherry scrolled through instagram, to ignore him.

alex looked down at his phone.

"stupid finn keeps changing his mind. first he invites joaquin, then he has to invite jade because he invited joaquin, then she wants to bring juju and casey and maddie!" alex complained.

he turned to cherry.

"you wanna come?" he grinned.

"absolutely not." cherry said, shutting her phone off.

"i don't know any of those people! we need to talk more!" penelope said.

alex walked off to his room.

"don't talk talk to him. he cannot know about this date." penelope begged.

"woah, okay, okay!" lydia said, as she walked off to her room as well. "diós mí­o."

"i promise you i'm not going too." cherry said, with a laugh.

"so weird. i was dying to tell him. i'm, like, buzzing. is this what gossip is? who am i?" elena wondered.

"finally! we have so much shit to talk!" cherry grinned.

lydia spoke to herself, from behind the curtain of her room.

"qué vamos a hacer con tu niña?" she questioned.

cherry looked confused.

who, besides her and carmen, had been spending all of their time at the alvarez house?

"abuelita is talking to ghost abuelito again." elena explained, motioning cherry back to her room.

the girls walked down the hallway.

alex popped his head out of the doorway, grinning at cherry as she walked by.

cherry slammed the door.

elena laughed.

alex frowned, and closed his door.

he flipped down onto his bed, and stared up at the ceiling.