Entrance Exam Pt. 1

After the first day in the hospital, Anan kept her word and came back the next day with Recovery Girl. As a thanks Inko made her an apple pie, which she liked so much she became a weekly visitor of the Midoriya apartment, the new one since the last one was obliterated by the Tsunami.

One day, just a month after the disaster, a knock was heard at the door. Izuku went and opened it, reveal a mailman with a package.

Mailman: "A package for one 'Izuku Midoriya'."

Izuku: "That's me."

Mailman: "Well here you go then. Have a great day."

Izuku took the box from the man.

Izuku: "You too."

He closed the door and walked into the living room where Inko was.

Inko: "What did you order?"

Izuku: "Nothing. I don't know what this is."

Inko: "Well open it and find out."

Izuku nodded and placed the box on the table. He went to get a knife and cut the tape when he got back. Once he opened it, a note was sitting over a block of foam, he picked it up and read it out loud.

Izuku: "Here goes. 'Dear Izuku, I know it's been a while since we've seen each other, but just know I love you very much. This has to do with when we talked on the phone the other day, I hope you like it, my reputation of being the normal neighbor has been utterly destroyed by this. Become a great hero, enjoy. I call it Raven's Bite, may it bring you success. Love, your father Hisashi Midoriya.'"

Izuku put the note down and picked up the foam block to reveal something wrapped in bubble wrap. He picked it up and unwrapped it, revealing a beautiful hatchet.

 He picked it up and unwrapped it, revealing a beautiful hatchet

Inko: "Oh it looks amazing!"

Izuku gripped the handle and gave it a couple of swings.

Izuku: "Feels great too. I love it. This will definitely get me to pass, now I just need to train with it."

Inko: "Good luck. I can't wait to see how Mitsuki reacts to Hisashi making this for you."

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "Auntie might kill him."

They both laughed.

A few months later, and it was finally the day of the entrance exam. Izuku stood at the entrance admiring the buildings when Bakugo walked up behind him.

Bakugo: "You gonna keep staring into space nerd?"

Izuku: "Sorry Kacchan. Let's go."

The blond boy only grunted as they walked forward. In the distance they could see a brown haired girl stop a blue haired boy from falling. He thanked her and went inside. Bakugo went inside ahead of Izuku who stopped to make sure Raven's Bite was still attached to his hip. After ensuring his weapon was still secure, he went inside and sat next to Katsuki. A written test was passed around to them and they completed it within an hour.

Soon after everyone finished, Present Mic came on stage and started describing the practical test. Izuku and Bakugo were reading the handout and talking about the exam while still listening to Present Mic. Soon he got to the points of each robot and the blue haired boy from earlier spoke up.

Iida: "Excuse me! This handout clearly states that there are four robots! If you are lying then UA has failed us! And you two!"

He sudden turned his attention towards Izuku and Bakugo.

Iida: "You two have been talking this entire time! It is very distracting. Also, the one with green hair, weapons are not allowed here!"

Bakugo was about to start yelling when Izuku put his hand on his shoulder, letting Bakugo know he would take care of this. Izuku then stood up and turned around to face Iida.

Izuku: "If you had actually paid attention to the handout then you'd know the fourth robot is worth nothing. I'm sure Mic was about to say the same thing when you spoke up. Now about Raven's Bite here, those without combat oriented quirks or just weak quirks in general are allowed to bring weapons and support items, either homemade or manufactured, as long as they get them approved, which my hatchet is."

He then turned around and sat down. Unknown to him Anan was watching from the observation room. The staff were observing the whole exam to see how the participants acted in and out of combat.

Anan: "Way to go Midoriya."

Midnight: "Wait, Midoriya? You know that green haired kid?"

Anan: "Yeah, I'm actually his second favorite hero Kayama. I saved him from that Tsunami a few months ago. His mom's pies are to die for. They're also nice people to talk to."

Aizawa: "Now I'm curious. Nezu, what's his quirk?"

Nezu: "One second, ah here we are! Izuku Midoriya, Quirk: Hunter. Allows Midoriya to send out orange pulses that highlight living things for him, though it's only infront of him. Gives the ability to detect and analyze tracks such as footprints and blood trails with extreme ease. His quirk also enhances his anger, meaning he gets angry quicker, once angry enough he becomes animalistic it seems. He even literally sees red and living beings in his line of sight glow red. Not exactly combat oriented which is why he has the hatchet."

Aizawa: "Interesting, though the anger could prove annoyingly problematic."

Anan: "In the months I've known him, I've never seen him get mad enough to go 'Beast Mode' as he calls it, though he has been close. It's a little harder tha the description leads you to believe, but that description was also written when he was four."

Aizawa: "I watched Kayama have a temper tantrum yesterday over having to help me grade some tests, so he's still highly susceptible in my eyes."

Anan: "Just saying. Now let's see how they do."

Mic finished talking and ordered the participants to their testing areas.