Chapter one

Hello, this is the sequel to my book "the mask of the raven" whilst I would half suggest you read it idk you could just read this one and that would probably be fine?

I will be adding tws at the beginning of possibly triggering chapters but mind I sometimes may not put a tw for everything so if I miss one please inform me in the comments.

Chapter 1
The second act
Y/n

"Hi mom- I'm back-"

When I walk into Luz's house the first thing that hits my senses is the sadness leaking from the walls. It's as if the house is crying tear after tear. There's dust on unused furniture, ornaments missing from the shelves, everything appears so empty.. So lonely. Yet where Luz stands, embracing her mom, there's a golden hue. The house was missing it's human.
Luz is home.

I feel out of place here.
My boots hit soft carpet, and dirt remains on the floor when i lift them. I can't stop staring at the mud, I have already made a mark, a stain in this place.

Why am I here?
I never got the impression Luz liked me very much, we spent a few days at the owl house together but not enough time to get past the boundaries of aquaintanceship. It seems too personal, being allowed into her home. I turn towards the rest of us, and Luz offers me a slight smile, beckoning me fully inside. Maybe I was wrong; maybe we could have been friends.

The first thing I do is hang back from the group, I take off my boots and leave them by the stairs, before trying to get rid of the dirt they left. I make a spell circle but as I thought, it's useless. During the battle against Belos, my magic suddenly left me and it still hasn't come back. It will soon though, i hope.

"Y/n-" Hunter stands in the doorway, running a hand through his ashy hair, he has an exhausted expression on his face. He extends his hand, tilting his head slightly, and I accept it, leaving the muck behind.

We don't let go of eachother's hands until we reach the table where the rest of my friends sit.
There's a basilisk.

I have to stop in the doorway for a moment, eye wide open. I ignore the gnawing feeling in my stomach, and the way the basilisk shies away from Hunter and me.. So she recognizes us-
Sometimes, I forget how many people's lives I ruined.

"My name's Camila," Luz's mom sits across from us, hands pressed firmly together on the table, she's clearly trying to hold it together. I can't imagine the pain she must have gone through, loosing her daughter for so long. Then gaining what- 5 extra kids plus basilisk? "I think it would be best if we all introduced ourselves." She gestures first to the basilisk.

"Im Vee Noceda, I'm a basilisk from the boiling isles originally but I live here now," Vee smiles at most of us.

"I'm Willow Park-" Willow pauses, trying not to laugh as she speaks, possibly because this seems like a first day of school activity, "and I'm the team captain of the emerald entrails!"

Camila just stares whilst Gus, Hunter and I cheer.

"I'm Augustus Porter, I found the labyrinth ruins with one of my best friends Matt... I kinda miss him," Gus stares into the mug of coco someone had poured him. He was the most upset by all this, crying as soon as the portal door closed. I didn't expect that, he had seemed the most interested in the human realm.

"I'm Amity Blight! Top student at Hex- I mean, I have straight hair straight-"

"I'm uh- Hunter," he doesn't say a last name, nor does he let go of my hand, "I know a lot about wild magic.. And this is flapjack! my palisman." Flapjack twitters warmly.