36| Realization°

Start from the beginning

"Please." Devon scoffed, "That ref was blind. He gave you a point when I was out of bounds."

Devon got into the older girls face, "Then why are you here?" Avery snapped back. "My mom always said.." Devon stopped mid sentence.

"The only way you really lose is by giving up." She looked the girl up and down. "Sounds like a smart woman."

"She was.." Devon looked away. "I'm sorry." Avery apologized, "For what? You didn't do anything. I'd love to kick cancers ass though."

"Yeah. Me too, I know how you feel. But all that anger, it can make you stronger by putting all of it into your fist." Devon nodded.

She started to strike the dummy again but Kim stopped the class. "I've seen enough."

"You have used your strength to train each other. Now you will use your strength against each other."

Davon looked at Avery with a nervous look. "Gomez, get them ready." Avery nodded, bowing down.

"Yes, sensei."

"Leg stretches!" Everyone got into their position and started to stretch. Avery looked out the window to meet eyes with Johnny Lawrence and 'joe'.

The stretches went on for a couple of minutes till Kim told everyone to get ready for a real lesson.

Now everyone was on the floor around the mat, cris cross apple sauce. Sensei Kim was giving a speech.

"You two up." She pointed a stick towards Devon and Avery, the two getting up as told. They faced each other with a table in between them.

"Pick this up. Stop her. Use any means necessary. You have one minute." The other sensei placed down the stick and said begin in Korean.

Devon and Avery went to pick up the stick but Devon sent a hook kick making Avery back up then the girl picked up the stick.

"In your face!" She lifted up the stick proudly.

"The way of the fist means you do not hold back. You do not go easy. I do not believe you have Silver's blood in your veins."

"I do not see your mother anywhere in those eyes." Kim put down the stick.

Avery furrowed her brows, how does Kim know about the girls mother?

"Again!" Devon went to reach for the stick, Avery grabbed her hand so Devon went to reach with the other.

Avery grabbed her other hand, pulling them up then kicking the girl over the table. Devon gasped for air.

"Harder." Avery didn't take her eyes off of Devon as the girl sent a kick, punch then reaching for the stick again.

Avery stomped on her hand, Devon looked up then the older girl sent a kick at her face. "I said harder!"

Kim hit Avery's leg with a stick, hearing the loud slap from the contact it echoed around the dojo. The girl winced in pain.

Then the real thing began. They were both sending punches and kicks to each-other making it harder to grab the stick.

Avery back up when Devon ran and jumped over the table to kick her, grabbing the stick. Avery kicked it out her hand and kicked the younger one to the floor with a hard round house just as 'joe' taught her.

"Good, strength, determination. That is the way of the fist. Nothing less. Remember that."

Avery looked at Devon who was gasping for air, it looked like she wanted to cry. "Class dismissed."

She bowed, Devon ran off. "Terry will come back to give you ride home."

Avery nodded, going to pick up her phone from the office, soon enough everyone was cleared out and when she came out she saw Johnny, Chozen, and that one Sensei fighting.

"Enough! You must be Chozen Toguchi. And I'm surprised to see Daniel LaRusso has healed from his injuries so quickly."

Avery tried not to laugh. What? I'm not Daniel LaRusso. I look nothing like him."

"Silver must answer for what he has done." "You bark like your blonde dog."

"I do more than bark, trust me."

They finished off their conversation and the two walked off.

...

"She did what?" Tory questioned, Avery had just explained how she got hit with the stick like an animal.

"Look who's here." Kyler said, making the girls look over at Devon.

Avery started to walk over, worried. "What are you doing here? I thought you quit."

"You beat me on the mat, but.. I only lose if I give up." Devon glared at her.

"Miss lee, why don't you go check in with the receptionist. She'll set you up with a pass in case you want to train after hours."

"Oh. I definitely will." The girl smiled, then turned her body to the receptionist.

"Apparently miss lee wants to learn more from you. I'm very proud of you. Just like your mother."

"She ran away. Failed the test? How is she still here?"

"The test was not for her, but for you."

"I wanted to see how much strength you had in your heart to accomplish what you need to do." Kim kept her head up.

"And what's that?"

"Something greater than your mother ever could." Avery looked at Terry, from that small chat she realized her mother was a psychopath.

Heading down this path of listening to Terry and Kim would make her one too, hurting herself and others, people she loved. Robby.

Robby just wanted her to have the best in life, her dad too. Terry had manipulated her with the kindness the gifts.

The thought of actually having a grandparent in her life blinded her.

She needs to get out of there.

-

💪💪💪
This sucks and sorry for the grammar.