Chapter 1 [Fixed]

Start from the beginning

"It's a goddamn miracle. The money just vanished into thin air," Denji muttered, his frustration evident in the way his mouth formed a straight line.

He looked down at Pochita, who was patiently waiting by his side. "There's nothing to eat at home either, buddy. We're going to have to get by on just this for the month."

"Pochita... Dinner today's gonna be one slice of bread," Denji said with a mixture of determination and resignation in his voice.

_

_

_

In the small shed near the woods, Denji and his friend found shelter from the rain. The rhythmic pattering of raindrops on the roof provided a soothing background noise as they huddled together.

Denji began to speak, sharing his thoughts and dreams with his friend. "The other day, I heard that people normally eat bread with jam spread," he started, but before he could continue, a sudden and thunderous sound interrupted him.

BOOM!!

Denji's eyes widened, and he exchanged a puzzled look with his friend. "Huh? That sounds too loud for it to be a flash of lightning," he remarked, his curiosity piqued.

He rose from where he was sitting and cautiously moved toward the door. Opening it slowly, he peered outside, scanning the surroundings. Everything appeared normal through the window, but something felt amiss.

Suddenly, Pochita, his loyal companion, leaped from his side and bolted toward the woods. Denji's heart raced as he watched Pochita charge towards an odd, root-like formation that emerged from the darkness of the woods.

Pochita began biting at the strange roots, and Denji's protective instincts kicked in. He knew that this could potentially be dangerous or even an unknown devil lurking in the shadows. He approached his friend and gently hugged Pochita.

"Be careful; it might be dangerous or an unknown devil or something," Denji whispered to his friend, his voice filled with concern.