Chapter 33

It was a few weeks after that day of snow cones. Julian and i were walking on the beach alone, with no one in sight since it was a weeknight. I was walking on the shore line, my bare feet sinking in the wet sand. Julian stopped walking and just stared at me, his eyes gazing into mine. "What?" I asked, confused. "It's just that...wow. You look so gorgeous with the breeze ruffling your hair, and the sun setting behind you. Especially your blue taintop that accentuates your eyes." Julian said softly. "Oh." I answered, blushing.

Then Julian took my hands and looked me straight in my eyes. "Sequoia...i know that I've only known you for a few weeks, but...I've fallen for you. I-I really like you. So...will you be my girlfriend?" Julian asked me. I was shocked, but so happy. Because i felt the exact same. I took a deep breath and answered his question. "Julian...i would love to be your girlfriend. So...yes." I answered, smiling. "YESSSSSSSS!!!!" Julian exclaimed, picking me up, and twirling me in the air, his hands on my wais holding me up. He put me down and looked me in the eyes again.

"Sequoia...you're the best girl I've ever been with. And the sexiest." Julian said. "Well...thank you." I answered, blushing. "And you'll always be my Town Klutz." Julian teased, chuckling. "JULIAN!!!" I yelled, punching his arm. "OK OK!!! Im sorry!!" Julian yelled, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

We spent the rest of the evening talking, joking, and holding hands along the shore of the beach.