"I am Ezra."

Ellora groaned in frustration. "I mean your origin. Who built you and why. And why did they leave you in that house, in this town? What was the motive?" Ellora looked up at him eagerly, waiting for his agreement but he didn't respond.

"What do you need me there for?" He asked after a while.

"Well, you have supposedly lived there, so you can help me in some way," Ellora replied. They were almost there.

"So, You need me there just to do stuff for you?"

"Not really. I also need some moral support. That place is really creepy. Creepier than I see in movies."

"Moral support?" Ellora didn't need to look up at him to know the smug look on his face.  "You mean, you are afraid?"

"Of course, I am," she said, defensively. "I am human, after all."

They stopped walking as she saw the Dark House appearing In Front of them, greeting them, cutting its way through the bushy trees around it. It was somehow exceptionally lit in the darkness. Lit with creepiness. Ellora looked up at Ezra. She was pretty tall herself. But he had at least a couple inches on her. "You ready?" She asked.

Ezra gave a small nood of his head. He watched as Ellora opened the lock with a paperclip with expert hands.

"Where did you learn that?" Ezra asked. He sounded amazed.

Ellora shrugged. "I have my sources."

Ellora leaned forward to push the gate open but Ezra reached it before her. The gate opened slowly as a cold breeze of air made Ellora shiver. Ezra wasn't bothered by it. He stared at the house without a blink. He seemed hesitant for a moment before he finally walked forward, slowly, with one step at a time. Ellora followed behind him before closing the gate slowly.

Ellora looked around as she walked side by side with Ezra. The trees and the deadly silence of the night felt a bit familiar this time. They were still just as scary as yesterday. But Ellora couldn't deny the comfort she felt due to Ezra's presence. But still that couldn't stop her hands from fidgeting and her heart from pounding faster. She got as close as she could to Ezra without touching him and kept walking.

Once in front of the main door, Ezra twisted the door knob. Ellora wondered if he was nervous about being back in this house. Was it selfish of her for bringing him along with her here? She pushed those thoughts aside as he opened the door.

Another wave of cold air seemed to greet them both as they entered into the darkness. Ellora pulled out the two flashlights from her bag and switched hers on before offering the other to Ezra.

But he shook his head. "I do not need them. I have night vision implanted on my system. I will just switch them on."

"You can see through the dark?" Ellora asked amused at finding another of his superpower-like abilities.

Ezra nooded. He closed his eyes for only a second and opened them back again. In the ray of her flashlight, in the center of his black eyes now she could see a tiny glow of blue light. Unlike his icy hair which was light as the ocean, it was darker. He had turned his night vision on.

"That is really cool."

Ezra's lips curved up in a small smile at the compliment.

Ellora pulled her phone from her pocket and turned the camera on and set it in her hand just like yesterday.

"Why are you recording?" Ezra whispered as they both started walking deeper into the living room.

"Don't want this moment lost. This is one of those things that you do once in a lifetime."