The Girl that kept her Promise.

Start from the beginning

Kronii: " Mumei? You still here?"

' Sometimes, I can't stop thinking that I'm just a hollow and dull girl. Someone that would just end up forgetting things important to her.'

" Maybe this is the reason why my expressions are always so shallow..." - I say to myself.

Kronii: " Did you say something, Mumei? Is your connection unstable?"

Looking at myself in front of the mirror the second time, I can't stop myself from agreeing more and more that I'm just nothing but an empty shell of a person. Nothing else to compliment about me but my looks.

" Yeah, call's a bit unstable right now, Kronii. I'll see you tomorrow."

Without hearing her response, I end the call and lean my back against my chair.

" My memory keeps getting worse and worse each day... I'm afraid of the day when I'll forget all the people I care for would come..."

My body shivers over the thought of this happening, but all I can do to suppress these thoughts is to hug myself for comfort.

" Everyone..." - I sniffle.

As I was about to release my pent-up emotions by bursting into tears, the sudden knock on my office door made my body stiffen in surprise. I waste no time getting up from my chair and approach the door to see who's behind it.

Knock! Knock!

" W-Wait, I'm coming!"

As I open the door, a man I'm not familiar with greets me with a huge smile. Something about his smile that causes my heart to tighten.

' Wow...'

Human: " Good morning, Miss Mumei! I noticed that your stream just ended so I came to check on you!"

Inside the paper bag he's carrying, he takes out a lunch box and hands it to me.

" What's this?" - I tilt my head as I observe the lunch box he's holding.

Human: " Today marks one month inside the EN headquarters and I decided to finally move my ass and do something productive for once! So I made food to eat for all the HoloEN members in my free time!" - His smile, shining even brighter than before.

' His smile...'

I grip my chest and squeeze it tightly.

" I never knew the higher-ups are now ordering our Janitors to cook lunch for us... I'm sorry about this." - I say emphatically.

Suddenly, his charming smile turns to a dismayed expression.

Human: " I get that I'm basically a nobody outside Japan but it hurts me to know that Miss Mumei forgot about me..." - His body deflates like a balloon.

' I've met him before? No, oh no... Not again...'

" I'm sorry..."

My body shivers for the second time, biting my lip as I look down at the floor to hide my emotions.

Human: " Here."

The human grabs my hand and faces it upward, then places the lunch box he was handing me earlier on top of it.

As I jerked my surprised face to look at him, what I saw was none other than the same smile he gave me the first time I saw him when I opened the door.

" W-What..."

Human: " You must be tired from streaming for two hours, yes? Feel free to eat the food I made to replenish your energy! I'll make it a daily routine to make you lunch every day so you won't forget me anymore!"