Chapter 9

Dumbledore's POV:

I need to find him. Where is he? Harry Potter was supposed to be here. I sent Hagrid to the Dursleys on his 11th birthday, but he wasn't there; no one was there, and the house was empty. I contacted Molly.  The lookout for Weasley to be trying to take him to the burrow if she saw him. She only reported seeing a similar-looking boy with Severus   Snape and Lucius Malfoy. Dam it, Severus must have found Lily's will. I thought I sealed both of Lily and James's wills. 

Severus's POV:

I became very weary of Dumbledore; he must be getting close to discovering Hadrian's past. I went into the nursery, picked Hadrian up, took him over to the changing table, and changed his nappy; when I noticed that he was getting a nappy rash, I applied cream to help the rash, finished changing him, and brought him into a grey onesie with a cat on it and some black pants and black socks. I grabbed a dummy and placed it into his mouth, brought him to the living room, and put him on his play mat while I went to get Draco ready for the day. Lucius had to return home to help Tom with the trial of the Dursleys. He will be back in a few days. I got Draco dressed in school robes as he woke from his headspace. He would go to classes with the rest of the first-year Slytherins. 

Once Draco was dressed, he went down to the great hall with his friends, and I stayed back to feed Hadrian his breakfast. He is still clingy; I'm not complaining. I knew today would be hard as he was fighting his headspace. I don't need him to come out of headspace and fall into Dumbledore's hands. I placed the headspace pill and potion into his breakfast to help him stay in his headspace; I kept telling myself this was for his good and would keep him safe. I also give him the potion that makes him the size of his headspace and prepare him to leave for class. Once we are in the potions classroom, I place him into his playpen behind my desk and start writing the potion recipe that the first years will be making. I notice Hadrian is asleep when I look at him, as he hasn't made any noise. I swaddled, placed him into his portable cradle, and put soundproof and regular wards around him. 

All of my classes went well, and Hadrian was good during all of my classes. After dinner, I noticed that Draco was beginning to slip. I take his hand, take him to his room, and replace his underwear with a pull-up in case he forgets to go to the bathroom. I get Hadrian ready for bed and bring him to bed. Once he was asleep, I helped Draco with his homework. Lucius and I decided to homeschool the boys after this year, as they are always in headspace. Once his homework is done, he slips back into his headspace and becomes a cranky boy because it is past his bedtime. I quickly get him ready and put him to bed. Once he was asleep, I began to work on my lesson plans when a letter came.

Dear Severus,

The Dursley's trial will be over the summer; Tom needs Hadrian's memories of the abuse that he endured while in their care. I know it will be hard for you to do, so I will do it when I return to Hogwarts in two days. Tom is also working on trying to get Sirius out of Azkaban. He has already contacted Remus, told him of Hadrian, and made him swear on his magic to keep this secret from Dumbledore. I will be back in two days, my love.

Love,

Lucius.

Severus re-read the letter two more times before he smiled. Finally, those monsters will get the punishment that they deserve. 

No One POV:

Severus got ready for bed and had a good night's sleep. Not know what Dumbledore and Fudge had planned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~727 words

AN: To clarify, Hadrian and Draco are 11. They will go to class when they are not in their headspace. They both are in Slytherin. They are hardly out of their headspace. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments. 

Edited: 3/7/24