"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's just that, hearing you scream my name when you're cumming is so rewarding." He mutters kissing the back of my neck and I whimper.

"Please, no more. I can't go again." I sob, breaking down in tears, and I feel him hug me, pulling me closer to his body.

"Okay, no more." He mutters, kissing me on my crown, and I shudder in exhaustion.

We sit quietly for a while, with me clutched in his arms as he massages my thighs with his strong hands.

My heart had slowed enough for me to start breathing normally. I was tense, and anxious in his arms for a while, but I could not sense any hostility towards me on his part, so exhaling deeply, I allow myself to relax into him begrudgingly.

At this, he makes a sound of satisfaction at the back of his throat which causes me to swallow nervously.

"Maxwell? I — I have a question." I mutter silently, chewing on my lips as I gather the nerves to speak to the man sitting behind me.

"What is your question, Alice?" He asks quietly, his hands coming up to clasp around my shoulders. I stiffen nervously at his touch, but exhale a rugged sigh of relief when he begins kneading the tension from my muscles.

"Um, you said you're a reanimate. What exactly is that?" I ask curiously, still unsure of what he was. The only thing I  was certain about is that, he wasn't human, he couldn't be. But, he also wasn't alien, which left room for so many unanswered questions.

Who and what was he? How did he even come to be here? How did he have a british accent and british features?

"I'm a reanimate object. I was created a very long time ago by mages who wanted children without going through the birthing process. So, they made me. They used blood magic to grant me consciousness, but it wasnt fool proof, so I'd always revert to being a doll, which originally, I am." He mutters conversationally, as he strokes my shoulders repeatedly.

"Hm, and you said — you gain your consciousness as per your owners desire?" I ask softly, my interest piqued at his explanation.

"Yes, that is correct."

"So, if I desired you to reanimate to a doll, would that happen?" I ask carefully, trying to pick out any change in his mood from the question I had just ask.

"It would." He mutters plainly, and i exhale a long breath.

"I don't understand. How come it seem you can reanimate at will?" I query silently, arching a brow in wonder as my mind travels back to the first night we had sex.

When I woke up in the morning, he had returned to being a doll.

"I cannot. Matthew is my owner as well, so I reanimate according to his desire also." Maxwell mutters, his hands halting in their ministrations on my body, and I sigh deeply in content as he begins running a big hand up and down my naked thighs once again.

"That explains why your a doll one time, and human the next."

"Yes."

"How human are you?" I suddenly ask after a brief moment of silent.

"What do you mean?" He ask, and I hear the confusion in his voice. Turning in the bathtub to meet his gaze, I watch as his eyes trail my body as he watches me closely, almost like a predator stalking his prey.

"Do you feel emotion? Do you have a heart?" I clarify, waiting for his response. He cocks his head, his blue eyes trained on me as he considers my question.

"I'm as human as any other man. I have feelings." He mutters pointedly with accusing eyes, causing me to purse my lips, and lower my head in embarrassment.