Maybe a little flirting can get you places...

Start from the beginning

"I thought I said to bring a coat" I jumped at Peter's voice, looking up from my phone to see him already staring at me with a smile. "you're gonna catch a cold"

"I'll live, it's not actually that bad" I reasoned, shoving my phone in my pocket, joining his side as we began walking.

"okay, but don't come crying to me when you get cold"

"whatever you say, child" he didn't like that, nudging his shoulder against mine.

"You're not that much older than me"

"6 months" he frowned, and I grinned "suck it up buttercup"

"That's it I'm going home" he spun on his heel, and I was quick to catch his arm.

"I'm sorry Pete, you know I love you really" I looped my arm through his and he grumbled playfully "you can pretend you're older than me if you want"

We ended up going to a coffee shop not too far away and I had already began regretting not bringing a coat.

"Thanks" Peter wrapped his hands around the hot chocolate as I set it down in front of him, following suite. This was nice, quiet. "why did you want to go out?"

"I had too much energy," I told him "Normally, I get a weird rush at like 2 am but by then it's too dark to do anything. But it's still light now and I thought it would be nice to go for a walk or something. Oh!" I exclaimed as a memory struck me "You know what I saw the other day? This woman was walking across the road, and I shit you not she had the coolest outfit. It was like a yellow coat, orange hair, big thick framed glasses. It was proper cool" I mused to myself before looking back at Peter, who was watching me with a look I couldn't quite place, perhaps amusement? "sorry bit of a tangent there"

"You weren't kidding about having too much energy, huh?" he grinned, and I tutted, taking a sip of my very hot hot chocolate, and immediately hissing as I burnt my tongue. His laughter met my ears as my face grew red.

"shut up"

"I'll get you some more milk" he stole my cup and took it back to the counter before I could say no, and I couldn't help but admire him with a smile. He was too nice. He also smelt great, I wasn't sure what cologne he was using but I couldn't get enough, I hope he didn't notice me sniffing earlier.

"A fresh dose of Oatmilk for you ma'am"

"ma'am" I mimicked in a pretty shitty American accent "such a weird word, thank you" I added as he sat back down opposite me.

"what is it in England? Miss?"

"Or Madam" he hummed, sipping his drink in thought.

"I'm pretty sure that's what JARVIS says"

"well, he is supposed to be British right?"

"yeah, you'll have to come to the tower with me and meet him" he suggested, and I felt my heart jump. The thought of meeting superheroes was a strange one, especially because I knew they were Peter's friends/colleagues? Not too sure what they were to each other, but it was some sort of friendship by the way Pete talked about them.

"yeah maybe"

"why are you nervous? Afraid you'll meet Captain America?" Peter teased and I rolled my eyes.

"how shallow do you think I am? Maybe Spiderman's my favourite hero"

"what?" he asked, his eyes widening slightly, and I chuckled.

"well, he's the only one who wears a mask right? No one knows who he is, therefore, no one has seen his face, he could be hideous" I reasoned "but I'm sure he's lovely, only pretty people hide their face"