"So, what's the job?" Mando asked

"Yeah, one of our associates ran afoul of some competitors and got himself caught. So I'm puttin' together a crew to spring him. It's a five person job. I got four. All I need is the ride, and you brought it." Ran said, referring to the crest. I glanced over at our ship and the first thing to run through my mind was the child. We couldn't let anyone see him, we definitely didn't want to take him on this job.

"The ship wasn't part of the deal." Mando said

"Well, the crest is the only reason I let you back in here." Ran said, Mando turned his head to look at him

"What's the look? Is that gratitude? Uh-huh. I think it is." Ran said in amusement.

We walked further into the hanger. Sparks flew around them as people worked on different ships and parts.

"Hey, Mayfeld." Ran called out

"Yeah?" A bald man turned around to face them.

"This is Mando, the guy I was tellin' you about. We used to do jobs way back when. And this is his partner, Celeste." Ran Introduced them

"This is the guy?" Mayfeld asked, he glanced over at me and gave me a small smile that made me feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah, we were all young, tryin' to make a name for ourselves. Yeah, but runnin' with a mandalorian, that was...that brought us some reputation." Ran said

"Oh yeah? What did he get out of it" Mayfeld asked

"I asked him that one time. You remember what you said, Mando? Target practice." Ran laughed in amusement. Mayfeld blew out a breath of amusement and surprise.

"Target practice. We did some crazy stuff, didn't we?" Ran asked him. I furrowed my brows at the men.

"That was a long time ago." Mando said

"Well...well, I don't go out anymore, you understand? So, uh, Mayfeld, he's gonna run point on this job. If he says it, it's like it's coming from me. You good with that?" Ran said

"You tell me." Mando said. I stayed silent as the tension between the two men grew, until Ran broke it by laughing.

"You haven't changed one bit." Ran said in amusement

"Yeah, well, things have changed around here." Mayfeld said

"Yeah, well, Mayfeld, he's...he's one of the best triggermen I've ever seen. Former Imperial sharpshooter." Ran said

"That's not saying much." Mando said

I snorted and attempted to cover it up with a cough, but Mayfield clearly caught on to me and gave me a dirty look.

"I wasn't a stormtrooper, wiseass." Mayfield snapped, he then turned away from us and walked off.

"Don't take long, does it?" Ran said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mando and I were walking alongside Mayfeld as he examined their ship.

"Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly. Looks like a Canto Bight slot machine." He said. I rolled my eyes at his mockery. The crest was a good enough ship, it was basically my home.

"The good lookin' fellow there with the horns, that's Burg." Mayfeld Said. I glanced over and saw an extremely large man who was red with large horns upon his head.

He aggressively dropped the large crate he was carrying onto the ground once he caught sight of them.

"This may surprise you, but he's our muscle." Mayfield said