If I’m not wrong, I think I’m having difficulty keeping my jaws clenched together tightly. Was Matt so gullible? I don’t think so. Based on the amount of time we’d spent around each other, I know he was along the lines of sharp, quick, and witty.

          There’s no way he didn’t catch the word that rolled right off my tongue just like that. It'd be too crazy and hard to believe.

          “I―” I paused, “yeah, I have like three dozen cans of Monster back at home.” Which wasn’t an entire lie. I really did have them in my room, under my bed.

          Pulling my lips into my mouth, I moved my gaze uncomfortably onto Alli’s, trying to look at her pointedly, but inconspicuously so that Matt wouldn’t feel dubious about us,

          Or rather, me.

          What was I doing though? I wanted to give myself the hardest slap of all time because I’m offending what I shouldn’t again―I’m lying. I absolutely detest lying and I definitely despise the fact that it, as of now, comes to me as naturally as a brewing storm.

          Wow, of course. It only happens for a reason―that means I had practiced too much on this and now it’s something I’d done perfectly.

          I am the worst.

          “Cool, does your Mom know or something?”

          I pretended to laugh, hinting him that she didn’t. Which she really didn’t. Apparently I was forbidden to get those drinks because they were unhealthy for my health. Then again, who cares?

          I’m not going to live long, anyway. Doesn’t matter what I do or what I drink because I’m still going to live a short life. At least, shorter than most average, normal and healthy people.

          He shot me a knowing, mischief-glowing look, before shaking his head disapprovingly at me in a jokingly manner. As genuinely happy as I was, I still couldn’t shrug off the feeling of guilt that was once again, seeping through my skin like blood running down my veins.

          I feel utterly disgusted with myself.

          “Hey, why don’t we catch a movie before Cody and the f―”

          “Back!” Cody yelled out, walking through the doors into the room.

          He jerked his chin towards Matt who gave him a wave, and ignored Alli since she had quickly pulled a magazine up from the coffee table before her face and wasn’t looking at him in the first place, anyway.

          I didn’t really find this strange; in fact, if anything anyone didn’t know about Cody, it would be that he’s a hundred and one times more random than he seems to be.

          After a moment of looking around, he finally caught my gaze and glided swiftly towards me, wrapping his arms around my thin waist to pull me closer into him. I let out a small giggle as I placed my hands against his chest.

          “Hey,” he whispered, stealing a kiss from me when I had my gaze lowered to the ground, “why are you looking so glum behind that smile?”

          And if there’s anything anyone didn’t know about him either, it would also be the fact that he was quick to read facial expressions and actions from people. He knew me so well―probably better than I knew myself, or my own mother.

          It’s honestly insane.

          I debated on whether I should let him know, but decided against it because I didn’t want him to think I didn’t trust him. Because obvious truth be told, I did, with all my heart. “Nothing, I just don’t feel a hundred today.”

          It was true. Although I hadn’t felt any pains yet, I didn’t feel very well.

          However, it’s nothing I’m not used to anyway.

          His eyes instantly glistened with worry as he slid his hands down my sides, stopping on my hips and cupping them tightly yet gently.

          He gave me a light squeeze as though asking if I’m fine, but before I could answer, he already beat me to it with a question of his own. “Do you wanna rest? Right, hell, I should probably call a doctor or somethi―”

          I let out a short laugh, cutting him off. “You worry too much, Cody. Relax, I can do this. I’m fine.”

          “You better not lie to me, baby,” he warned, keeping his eyes firm on mine; arms wrapped around me in the securest way possible, “you know I can read you like a book.”

          I let out a sigh of pretence annoyance, “Yes, baby, I know. When’s your fan coming anyway?”

          “Oh, she’s already out there.” My eyebrows shot up due to the unexplainable feeling that tightened my chest. “Kory told her that she could only come in further if she had my permission to, so she’s just sitting out there waiting for me to get back from the toilet.”

          Feigning a knowing look, I poked his cheek lightly before shaking his head at his adorable expression. “You’re mean. She’s probably waiting for you to blow a conversation up or something.”

          “Hey, I just got back from a long interview,” he frowned, pulling me―if it was even possible―closer possessively, “all I wanna do is chill with my girl for a while.”

          I’m pretty sure my cheeks looked like it had been tinted pink.

          I lowered my head to hide it, and to prevent embarrassment from taking place, replacing my act with a cough so that it didn’t seem very obvious but as always, Cody saw through me and gave out a chuckle in amusement.

          I must be very amusing today, for some reason. Ah.

          “You’re too cute, babe,” he muttered, though more like it was for himself to hear before planting a kiss on my forehead; on my nose; and finally. . . Being the teasing fool that he is, a corner of my lips. “I’m gonna go give Kelsey a tour around the bus, wanna follow?”

          “Nah,” suddenly every doubt in me of that girl had disappeared, “if I were her, I’d want you all to myself so just go, I’ll be fine.”

          He rested his forehead lightly on mine, looking deep into my eyes as though letting me know that what he was about to say was for real, and he truly meant it, which sent tingles sprawling across my insides.

          “You know I’m yours, and just yours, right?”

          I flashed him a smile before nodding, “And I love you.”