“Right, today we’re jumping rope,” she says. All of us girls exchange looks and Coach chuckles. “We have plenty of long jump ropes, so get in groups of four and grab a jump rope. Two people are in charge of swinging the rope while the other two jump. After every five minutes, you switch. Keep doing that for at least twenty minutes and then I’ll come back and we might do something else.”

            I roll my eyes as we stand up and Coach Evans walks away. Melody, Becca, Marisole, and I form our own group and Becca grabs a long, red and white jump rope. “Who’s jumping first?” she asks.

             “I will,” Marisole says.

            “Me too,” Melody adds.

            Becca and I take either ends of the jump rope and step a few feet apart, enough to stretch out the ropes. My eyes travel over to the boys’ side of the gym, where I see them playing soccer. They were playing inside since last night’s rain had soaked the soccer field outside.

            My eyes for some reason widened when I saw Harry wearing a white tank top and black shorts with sneakers. His curly hair was disheveled, and I could make out the intense, concentrated look on his face as he focused on the game. I suddenly felt the jump rope shake in my hands, causing my gaze to snap up to Becca.

            “Stop drooling at Styles and let’s do this,” she says in a teasing tone.

            A blush spreads across my cheeks as I slightly shake my head. Becca and I start swinging the jump rope, and Melody and Marisole start jumping to the rythm, keeping up the pace. This kept going for five minutes, until it was time for us to switch. Becca and I were great at jump rope, and I enjoyed it. Marisole and Melody took the jump rope ends as Becca and I got in the middle. The two of them counted till three before swinging the jump rope, and Becca and I started jumping.

            “Should we sing Cinderella?” Melody asks with a laugh.

            “Yes!” Becca and I exclaim together.

            Melody and Marisole start singing the song as they swung the rope and Becca and I jumped. “Cinderella, dressed in yellow went upstairs to kiss a ‘fella! Made a mistake and kissed a snake, how many doctors did it take?” they started singing, and I couldn’t help but laugh. “One... Two... Three... Four...!”

            The counting continued as Becca and I continued jumping to the rythm, laughing as we did so. We stopped at forty-six, since it was time for us to switch again. As I grabbed the rope, a soccer ball suddenly hit my hand with a strong force, making me drop the rope and let out a yelp. “Ow!” I yell, grabbing my hand.

            “You okay, Little Miss Perfect?” I hear a deep voice ask, and I look up to see Harry.

            I give him a fake smile. “Wonderful,” I say sarcastically, holding my hurt hand.